University of Dayton is searching for an accomplished financial executive to lead its Debt, Treasury, Endowment and Long Term Investments functions.
UD is one of Ohio’s largest private universities and one of the 10 largest Catholic research universities in the U.S. It is recognized as a top-tier national research university offering more than 70 academic programs in the Arts and Sciences, Business Administration, Education and Health Sciences, Engineering and Law from undergraduate to the doctoral levels. The University has nearly 11,000 students from the U.S. and over 70 countries with 91 percent retention rate from first to second year. In the Marianist tradition, the University is committed to educating the whole person and linking learning and scholarship with leadership and service.
Reporting to the Vice President for Finance and Administrative Services, the Treasurer is an Officer of the University and responsible for Debt ($390 million), Treasury, and Long Term Investments ($816 million). The Treasurer serves as the primary liaison to financial institutions, counsel, outsourced investment advisor, rating agencies and other key partners and advisors.
The University is seeking a strategic and visionary leader, who is supportive of mission and vision of the University and its Catholic and Marianist heritage. The successful Treasurer will set high expectations with clear goals and accountabilities, embrace a participative and collaborative management style, treat people with respect and appreciate the contributions of staff and others. He/she must be approachable, adaptable and flexible, and effective collaborating with various constituents across the University.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, accounting or related field.
- 10 years of progressive experience in finance and treasury leadership roles in a complex and distributed organization.
- Advanced knowledge of capital markets, finance, treasury operations and debt management.
- Understanding and knowledge of the management of long-term investments and asset allocation.
- Advanced quantitative and financial management skills.
- Experience in negotiation with financial providers.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills and the ability to represent the University with trustees, donors, accrediting and crediting rating agencies.
- An advanced degree (e.g., MBA).
- CPA, CFA or CTP strongly preferred.
- Experience structuring and negotiating complex real estate transactions.
- Experience as a proven senior executive in a higher education, foundation, government or business of relevant size and complexity.
- Experience overseeing complex and diverse investment portfolios.
- Evidence of vision as well as a service and entrepreneurial orientation in developing progressive business policies and practices.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, leading and developing professional staff.
- Knowledge about the challenges and trends facing higher education, and current understanding of best practices.
- Relevant experience with accounting and financial systems in large complex organizations.
Compensation is designed to be market competitive in all geographic regions of the country to attract the best qualified executives. The Total Rewards package includes a base salary, retirement benefits (401(a) and 403(b) plans), comprehensive health care insurance, health care flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition benefits (employee and dependents), and other benefits. Relocation assistance is also provided
Contact Hudepohl & Associates at [email protected] or 614-854-7300.
To attain its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion and affirmative action and to equal opportunity policies and practices. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer we will not discriminate against minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.