Administrative Assistant to the Dean, School of Nursing
The Administrative Assistant to the Dean, School of Nursing is directly responsible for the operational administration of the office of the Dean for the School of Nursing and assumes primary responsibility for the accuracy and timeliness of routine and non-routine projects and procedures. This position ensures that the School of Nursing operates effectively, efficiently, and professionally. This position will assist the Dean and interacts frequently with faculty, students, other campus departments and the public.
The Administrative Assistant to the Dean must be detail oriented, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have the ability to maintain confidentiality. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required to create complex spreadsheets, documents, and databases and work independently on projects as assigned are paramount characteristics of this position.
- Coordinate meetings, appointments, and travel for the Dean.
- Coordinates executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with clients.
- Prepares internal and external School documents and communications including overseeing promotional brochures and faculty newsletters.
- Assists Dean with preparations of presentations, grants, and publications.
- Prepares and completes submission of external reports (e.g. CCNE/AACN/BORN).
- Coordinates School events as graduation, recognition, and Advisory Board Meeting.
- Tracks and renews association membership forms for the School.
- Assists in the annual production/revision of all nursing program internal documents such including the handbook.
- Performs various Banner inquiries and generates reports.
- Proofreads various School documents and budgetary submissions.
- Serves as a liaison to various college departments.
- Shares for responsibility for data management.
- Shares responsibilities of recording and filing minutes with primary responsibility for minutes in school, leadership team, and advisory board meetings.
- Maintains currency of SON (School of Nursing) website.
- Maintains an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents.
- Assists with Clinical Placement Coordinator and Senior Administrative Assistant to Staff and Faculty duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Updates Portal Documents as needed.
- Works with Technology Services, Registrar, and institutional Research to improve data management systems and processes.
Budget / Purchasing Responsibilities:
- Assist Dean with maintenance of Operating and Capital Budget by maintaining timely, accurate records of utilization for the department.
- Monitor budget balance in Banner, and provide updates to Dean as requested.
- Process School expenditures (e.g. faculty travel, parking and mileage reimbursement) to include invoice and purchase order completion.
- Establish and maintain records of all purchases.
- Complete and sign Purchase orders.
- Rotates providing reception/front desk functions including answering phone, interacting with students and visitor, sorting mail, and assisting with office equipment
- Interacts, with current and prospective students, parents, graduates and clinical agency personnel professionally.
Delegation of Assignment Responsibilities and Oversight of Student Employees:
- Coordinates, prioritize and assign tasks to student workers as appropriate.
- An Associate’s degree is required.
- A minimum of three to five years’ office administration experience.
- Excellent verbal and written skills; strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a variety of individuals.
- Intermediate computing skills and efficiency utilizing computing applications on the systems and programs of College’s choice; currently by way of example, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel).
- Ability to follow-up, follow-through, multi-task, set priorities and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to function independently, attention to detail, work under pressure, prioritize multiple projects, and handle confidential information.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience in a college setting with proven technical abilities across a variety or complex software systems, relational databases, and web-based programs. Banner and Blackboard a plus.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.