Project Specialist - Shared Services
Under the direction of the Director of Operations and Special Projects, the SSC project specialist performs professional duties related to the management of small projects within Shared Services. In addition, they support the technology requirements necessary to support the Department, including Zoom, website maintenance, Skype, video editing, FreshDesk, Banner training management, Adobe, etc. for all the staff. They help coordinate and develop training and Tool Kits with the Training and Communication Manager to deliver a best in class product to the DU community.
If you like being the go to person on technology issues, learning and providing input into new software implementations and processes, testing systems from the user perspective, learning diverse functional areas, and documenting essential processes this is the position for you.
- Consults with divisions of the University to identify, define and document unit needs and objectives and current operational procedures.
- Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users and shared services center in the analysis, design, configuration, testing, training, and maintenance of new systems and processes to ensure optimal operational performance.
- Records detailed procedures and develops training materials.
- Develops and implements transactional processing metrics to monitor operational performance.
- Manages technology for the Division and is constantly seeking new software or processes to help deliver the best training and communication platforms.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of direct job-related experience.
- Excellent written skills.
- Technology driven with a higher level of knowledge than the typical user.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (i.e. business administration, etc.).
- 2-4 years of direct experience in a business analytics role including: process definition, management and monitoring.
- Experience in a higher education working environment.
- Experience with the following:
- Banner or similar ERP
- Ticketing solution
- OmniUpdate or similar web editing software
- Concur or similar travel and expense solution
- Video editing
- Marketing design
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) June 22, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.