Information and Database Specialist
Information and Database Specialist
Posting Number: R0001232
Location: Salem Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
Position Summary:Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Information and Database Specialist helps manage the Office of Admissions customer relationship management (CRM) system. This position is a critical member of the admission staff and the operations team. The individual will help develop and maintain the CRM database including uploading new data into the system, maintaining records according to data retention policies, creating key reports, forms and applications for use by all members of the admissions team, prospective students and applicants. The Information & Database Specialist will assist with the maintenance of database fields, rules and other database objects and processes. Additional responsibilities include maintaining the supply and publications inventory in order to fulfill inquiry responses, answering phone calls and emails and providing back-up support to other members of the operations team as needed.
Create queries, reports and data extracts for admissions processes and analytical purposes. Fulfill ad hoc data requests by admissions staff.
Build and maintain custom online portals for use by admissions staff, prospective students and applicants.
Build and sustain uploads and data transfers in and out of the CRM.
Perform data cleansing and QA activities, including regular auditing and database rule maintenance.
Create and maintain CRM's online applications and forms.
Manage the efficiency and integrity of the admission database to achieve timely and accurate data entry and updating.
Serve as an in-house resource for retrieving admission data, including generating queries and reports, supporting communication projects, and CRM functionality.
Document processes and procedures as they relate to the functions of the CRM.
Support the annual communications calendar and be accountable for helping execute the communication flow in accordance with that calendar.
Manage the publications and office supply inventory.
Support website updating as needed.
The office of admission requires employees to be team players capable of providing excellent customer service. The office is often busy with high volume of phone calls, emails and recruitment activities.
Employees are occasionally needed to assist with evening and weekend work.
Other duties as assigned
- Customer Focused - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following office and university procedures.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to do word processing, send and receive electronic mail and attachments, access and download information from the Web to print or create a file, create and use spreadsheets (Excel) and update basic website information.
- Accurate and Detail Oriented - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly while paying attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
- Communication - strong communication skills required.
- Knowledge of admission functions, policies and procedures is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with students from underrepresented groups with the goal of building a culturally diverse educational environment.
- Ability to work independently and together as a teammate.
- Minimum high school diploma required.
- Experience with Slate CRM
- Bachelor's degree
TYPICAL WORK SCHEDULE:
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, 12 months per year
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
Typical work is performed indoors in a normal office environment.
You will need to upload the following two documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis
- Current Resume
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Information-and-Database-Specialist_R0001232-1
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.