Building and Operations Coordinator
Facilities and Office Management
- Manage GSPP's facilities (Ammi Hyde, Annex, and satellite buildings) to foster an environment that is functional, welcoming, and inclusive.
- Manage GSPP's supplies, furniture, and equipment in all rooms.
- Support scheduling for use of space in the buildings.
- Communicate with faculty, staff, students, and community members about facilities, and materials, using a variety of strategies.
- Serve as liaison with units across campus that support GSPP's facilities and operations, including Facilities, Campus Safety, and Information Technology; develop and strengthen relationships to improve GSPP's operations.
- Serve as GSPP lead for emergency preparedness and response.
- Assess space usage and utilizes assessment to bring attention to building issues.
General Operations Support
- Cross-train to be able to assist GSPP staff with special projects and/or provide coverage during leaves.
- Hire, train, and manage a team of student employees to provide administrative and customer service support to faculty, staff, and community members, including by staffing a reception desk in the lobby of the Ammi Hyde building.
- Create and maintain documents to explain operational and financial processes and policies for faculty, staff, and students, and provide training as needed.
- Identify and collaboratively implement improvements to operational processes and policies.
- Foster relationships and share best practices among individuals in similar roles across campus.
- Assist with financial processes such as processing revenue and expenses.
- Hire and train student employees to assist with these transactions.
- Manage budgets related to facilities and materials.
Human Resources Support
- Assist with a wide range of human resources processes, including hiring and onboarding.
Event Support and Management
- Plan, execute, and support occasional events for the GSPP community.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organization skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to be punctual and reliable.
- Strong relational and verbal and written communication skills, including customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders, including clients in our psychology training clinic.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects, juggle competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Strong technology skills, including familiarity with MS Office suite and demonstrated ability to learn new software.
- Familiarity with regulations and best practices around accessibility and inclusion.
- Familiarity with University of Denver processes and systems.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years of work experience that is directly related to the essential job functions, such as building or facilities management experience.
- Experience providing customer service.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 4-6 years of work experience that is directly related to the essential job functions, such as building or facilities management experience.
- Experience managing student employees.
- Event planning experience.
- Experience working with numerical data.
- Experience working in an environment undergoing growth and change.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Schedule is typically 7:45am-4:15pm, with flexibility as needed to support evening or weekend events.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) Thursday, June 14, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- DU Application
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.