HEAD COACH - eSports Team(s)
Centralia College is accepting applications for the position of Head Coach for eSports. Centralia College is adding an eSports program that will begin competition in fall 2018. This position reports to the Director of Student Life and Involvement (SLIC) and works with campus departments, to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations of the National Association of Collegiate eSports (www.NACeSports.org) in areas including, but not limited to; recruiting, letters of intent, eligibility, scheduling and travel, and preparing student-athletes for competition.
- Conduct the Trailblazer eSports program in accordance with the established rules and regulations of Centralia College and the NACeSports.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all eligibility rules and assist the director of SLIC with assuring that all student-athletes are aware of the rules, and that all appropriate information regarding eligibility is shared.
- Recruit quality student-athletes in accordance with the rules and regulations of the college and the NACeSports.
- Promote a positive environment for learning and development that supports the goals and objectives of the college's academic success program, and assists student-athletes with achieving their academic goals.
- Make recommendations to the Director of SLIC for assistant coaching assignments and establish individual responsibilities of her/his coaching staff.
- Work with the director of Information technology to maintain the eSports arena/competition space to meet student and team needs.
- Respond to developing changes and best practices in the gaming community in this rapidly growing sport.
- Assist with the development of a competitive contest schedule, and a comprehensive practice plan.
- Assist game management personnel with all preparations for event support at all home contests.
- Assist with the planning for all team travel in conjunction with SLIC staff, to include the safe transport of team members to all away contests.
- Make recommendations to the Director of SLIC regarding the awarding of letters of intent and financial awards.
- Provide leadership for the team; establish coaching strategies and teaching methods to develop student's skills and teamwork; analyze team performance and adjust strategies as needed.
- Make recommendations for the purchase of uniforms and equipment, following the college's purchasing procedures. Maintain inventory for all team equipment.
- Assist with the development and implementation of an annual fundraising plan to support eSports.
- Ensure timely submission of all reports, contest results, and statistical information.
- Attend all required department meetings, and all associated NACeSports coaches meetings.
- Ensure academic performance and personal development of students; provide positive intervention for additional students engaged with the program.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism toward students, other coaches, college administrators, staff and faculty, and the Centralia community.
- Conduct campus-wide efforts to engage casual gamers and increase exposure to responsible gaming. Act as an eSports ambassador to the campus and area community.
- Due to the nature of the work involved in coaching; many weeks will entail morning, evening and weekend hours
- Needs of the department vary, the percent of time devoted to each part of the job will be governed by seasonal and immediate needs of the department.
- Hold an associate's degree from an accredited community college
- Knowledge of Twitch, Overwatch and other games
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification (or ability to obtain upon hiring)
- Current unrestricted Washington State driver's license, with proof of insurability (or ability to obtain upon hiring)
- Commitment to a philosophy promoting student success.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree.