Instructional Tech Specialist (ITS 2)
Inspire Awesome with Eastern Washington University! We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position: Instructional Tech Specialist (ITS 2)
Instructional Technology Design and Development is a division of Outreach and Engagement at EWU. This unit is responsible for research, development, management, and review of all teaching and technology solutions as well as academically oriented graphics and photography. This includes learning management systems (LMS), course development, Media systems and services (streaming, lecture and desktop capture, course recordings, etc.), learning analytics, learning space design, and technology events and workshops.
The Instructional Technology Specialist provides support of instructional technology systems through the maintenance of equipment and assists team members with the implementation and use of instructional technology through collaboration with stakeholders.
This position must have knowledge of IT systems, concepts, and methods.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
This is an open recruitment; three days' notice will be provided prior to closure of recruitment.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Specific Position Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management of information systems, education/adult learning, instructional technology or related field.
- 2 years of recent instructional technology experience relevant to the position's essential duties.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Recognized Teaching Certificate (state issued, Sloan-C, or similar), formal teaching experience and/or certificate/experience in professional training and development; or the ability to obtain relevant certification within 1 year.
- 2 years of ERP, Learning Management System, or similar enterprise administration or administrative experience.