A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
This person will provide administrative support in the Dean's office.
- B.A. degree or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years' experience in a service-oriented environment, preferably in higher education.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Serves as confidential assistant and administrative support within the office and school.
- Provides support with various projects and school-wide events.
- Provides support to the adjunct faculty hiring process including scheduling of interviews.
- Interfaces with university offices and external constituents.
- Supports daily administrative operations of the office.
- Helps coordinate and schedule calendar, meetings, appointments, facility requests, events, databases, and other office needs.
- Processes and routes paperwork and forms for the deans' signature and other documents.
- Creates, maintains and updates general office files.
- Supports monitoring and tracking within multiple databases.
- Orders/purchases office supplies, technical equipment, and other materials for the office.
- Maintains the office in a professional manner including appearance.
- Answers, screens, and directs incoming phone calls.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.