MERIT Program Assistant
Under general direction of the MERIT Program Director. The function of this position is to assist with the execution of the MERIT program. The position requires knowledge of Early Childhood Education state registry system, MERIT, technical knowledge including an understanding of computer systems in order to give input on system creation and proficiency in computer programs and uses. Position also requires individual to work independently.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Receive and process applications, transcripts, certificates and all other submitted documentation for MERIT system.
· Gather and distribute mail for MERIT registry.
· Input data into MERIT electronic system.
· Create and maintain data tracking coversheet, forms, and processes.
· Communicate electronically or verbally with applicants for missing documents or incomplete applications.
· Meet regularly with MERIT administrators to discuss problems and concerns with applications and/or processes.
· Provide input regarding MERIT technological effectiveness.
· Track and record program data.
· Participate in technical meetings with Department of Early Learning and MERIT staff.
· Distribute exemptions, certificates and educational verification applications to appropriate staff members.
· Provide input into MERIT system and procedures.
· Promote and maintain positive working relationships with Department of Early Learning, MERIT staff, Child and Family Studies and college community.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
High school graduation or equivalent AND two years of full-time clerical experience OR equivalent education/experience.
· Detail Oriented
· Bilingual especially in Spanish and English.
· Demonstrated ability to work well with a variety of people and values diversity.
· Awareness of own cultural values and biases.