Recruiter/Advisor, School of Education
Recruiter/Advisor, School of Education – Requisition # 18000000LC
This position would align with Tennessee Department of Education annual program review/feedback with a focus on developing and implementing a recruitment plan to increase minority representation, high needs endorsement areas and boost the selectivity of program candidates. Responsibilities include:
- Advising, assisting and encouraging post baccalaureate and graduate students, including job embedded initial licensure individuals with appropriate course scheduling.
- Developing and implementing a recruitment plan to increase minority representation, high needs endorsement areas and boost the selectivity of program candidates.
- Focus upon support to first generation students with School of Education specific requirements including ACT, PRAXIS and tutoring.
- Collaborating with Enrollment Services Office to assist students in the K-12 and/or Community College transition process to UTC.
- Entering and maintaining statistical data for THEC and SBE reports
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred. Must have 2 years’ experience working with students; experience working with students at the college or university level is preferred. Must have the ability to understand and explain program requirements. Must have the knowledge of Teacher Education Program requirements, tests and licensure requirements. Must have the ability to recruit and assist college-age students. Occasional weekend and evenings are required.
Applications must be sent electronically to: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_chattanooga/jobdetail.ftl?job=18000000LC
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.