Field Placement Coordinator, School of Education
Field Placement Coordinator, School of Education – Requisition # 18000000S3
The Field Placement Coordinator is a 12 month, full-time staff position in the School of Education. The primary responsibility is to oversee placements of teacher candidates during all clinical practice experiences. The position reports to the Director of the School of education and serves on various committees within the School of Education. Responsibilities include:
- Establishing all student teaching placements during clinical experiences in both graduate and undergraduate programs with the School of Education.
- Working with surrounding Local Education Agencies to place candidates within appropriate school settings based on licensure requirements.
- Collecting data related to field placements; reporting data analysis and writing reports.
- Distributing surveys, collecting and analyzing; includes oversight of the uploading of summative evaluations, attendance and reflections of teacher candidate’s final semester.
- Guiding and supporting faculty, clinical supervisors and adjunct faculty with LIveText.
- Offering training for faculty in the development of rubrics, collection of key assessment results and collaboration with LIveText regarding UTC’s needs.
- Serving on departmental and university committees such as the TEP, Admission and Partnership committees, etc.
Salary is commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred. Experience in a higher education or K-12 setting required. Professional teaching experience or close interaction with institutions and programs which require field placements is required. Applicants should demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail; willingness to travel for recruitment events; problem solving competence; ability to provide leadership and advocacy for education candidates; ability to work collaboratively with faculty and staff within the School of Education and within the College of Health, Education and Professional Studies as well as with area school systems; and experience working with individuals from diverse populations. Frequent evenings, weekends, and overnight travel is required.
In addition to completing an online application, please submit a letter of interest, resume, and names, addresses and phone numbers of three references.
Applications must be sent electronically to: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_chattanooga/jobdetail.ftl?job=18000000S3
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.