International Admissions and Credential Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of International Affairs
International Admissions and Credential Coordinator
Position #748231 - Requisition 13855
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Office of International Affairs has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) International Admissions and Credential Coordinator position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
As Colorado's only public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver educates more than 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and with easy access to the state's cultural, business and civic hub, our students benefit from immersive classroom and real-world experiences, supplemented by unparalleled internship and networking opportunities. As the most diverse research university in Colorado, our campus attracts top students and offers over more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges, as well as more than 30 online degree programs. Home to over 40 research centers and institutes, CU Denver receives more than $25 million in sponsored research awards annually, allowing us to generate knowledge and create solutions to society's most complex problems. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here
Under the direct supervision of the International Recruitment and Admissions Manager, this intermediate level position provides credential evaluations and degree audits for international students verifying authenticity, accuracy, and completeness of credentials, with respect to admission decisions for undergraduate and graduate programs. This position will also serve as an information base for University faculty and administrators regarding international admission and foreign credential evaluation, while maintaining a recruitment portfolio that includes regional intensive English programs (IEPs) and community colleges as well as possible international recruitment travel, if needed.
This position is responsible for facilitating the recruitment, admission, and enrollment of international students at the university.
International Admissions Application Processing and Credential Evaluation (70% of Time)
- The International Admissions & Credential Coordinator is responsible for:
- Assisting the International Admissions and Recruitment Manager with ensuring that an efficient international student application process is in place and that the intake, review, and decision making with regards to those applications is completed in a professional and timely manner in-line with established best practices.
- Serving the majority of the undergraduate and graduate applicant population with timely foreign credential analysis and evaluation.
- Offering transcript evaluation training to various departments, especially graduate departments.
- Informing international advisors, students and staff on matters related to course equivalencies, transfer of credit, college degrees and certificates and graduation requirements.
- Staying up-to-date on evaluation standards, educational practices and the latest information on academic policies regarding international admissions standards at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Determining if institutions are accredited, evaluating credential comparability, GPAs, including documentation and certification of evaluation.
- Developing a library of materials and training manuals. Providing preliminary transcript reviews for students and agents when requested during non-peak times.
- Developing and maintain standardized procedures, business processes and systems for documentation and certification of evaluation.
- Building and maintaining productive working relationships with the various schools and colleges on both the Denver and Anschutz campuses.
International Recruitment and Prospect Management (15% of Time)
- Working appropriately and efficiently within the Slate, CU-SIS/PeopleSoft systems and other university systems to facilitate the efficient processing of international applications.
- Advising and counseling prospects, applicants, and students on university admissions policies and procedures.
- Providing other recruitment and admissions related services as needed throughout the university.
- Engaging in recruitment activities which may include travel to regional intensive English programs (IEPs), community colleges, universities, or participation in education fairs to represent the interests of the university. International recruitment may be required as needed.
- As an exempt employee of the university, the International Admissions & Credential Coordinator may at times be required to participate in professional activities that occur on weekends and evenings outside of the established work day.
- An Admissions Credential Evaluator may assist in other admissions-related functions, including numerous aspects of student communications and records, data management and testing, imaging and document processing, recruitment activities, counseling/advising, and/or other enrollment management functions.
More specific details to be determined based on the development of specific strategies, targets, and desired outcomes set forth in the Strategic International Enrollment Management Plan of the university.
Administrative Management (10% of Time)
- Retrieving and compiling data regarding prospective, admitted, and matriculating students to maximize effectiveness of recruiting efforts.
- Data Compilation, synthesis, analysis, and other duties as assigned.
- Documenting and maintaining information pertaining to admissions requirements and standards of CU Denver from the course catalog as well as from the academic departments.
Communication and Outreach (5% of Time)
- The International Admissions & Credential Coordinator is responsible for building and maintaining productive working relationships with external constituents including the ESL Academy, community colleges, and universities, as well as with other key stakeholders throughout the university.
- The International Admissions & Credential Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing an annual communication, education, and outreach plan for each of the IEPs and CC in his/her assigned portfolio, in coordination with the Director of International Enrollment Management.
- Providing excellent customer service to prospective and admitted students by assisting with walk-in traffic, answering questions, answering telephone calls and responding to email inquiries.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $38,000 to $43,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- Bachelor's degree in education, psychology, business, public administration, health care, educational technology, social science, liberal arts, communications, accounting, finance, library science, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- One year of experience with evaluation of international transcripts and education credentials.
- One year of experience in a customer-focused office environment.
- One year of experience of foreign credential evaluation, with at least ten different educations systems.
- One year of experience in project management.
- Experience living and/or studying abroad.
- Proficiency in a foreign language.
- In-depth expertise in one or more of the following areas in order to serve as a Functional Lead for International Admissions in this area(s):
- Data Integrity and Reporting: Skills related to data management and reporting, particularly within an admissions office; familiarity with PeopleSoft and/or Slate a plus.
- Marketing and Messaging: Skills related to developing strategic marketing messages and deploying them through a variety of markets including social media, publications, targeted email campaigns, department Web site, etc.
- Experience and/or familiarity with ESL programs and their interface with international recruitment and admissions.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal relations skills.
- Ability to work effectively with prospective students, continuing students, parents, alumni, colleagues, and other University administrators.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to diverse constituents.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Basic knowledge and skill in the area of foreign academic credential analysis with familiarity with all major world education systems in service to undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs.
- Awareness of university systems and procedures as they relate to international recruitment and admissions.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, and especially the use of databases and skill in managing large datasets to generate reports. Experience working with PeopleSoft and admissions information systems highly desired.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references with addresses, daytime telephone numbers, and email addresses (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references). Questions should be directed to: Genny Parker, email@example.com
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by July 1, 2018. Those who do not apply by July 1st may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30053 - AVCASA-OIA Intl Education
Posting Date: Jun 7, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Genny Parker
Posting Contact Email: Genny.Parker@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00748231