Working Title: Communications Assistant
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Radiology
Posting Date: 06-06-2018
The Department of Radiology & Medical Imaging is seeking a full-time Communications Assistant to provide high level administrative and clerical support to the communication's team in the Marketing function.
The incumbent will be responsible for assisting with a variety of communications activities including marketing, public relations, media relations, advertising, or multimedia and creative production. The incumbent might contribute to, or write, first drafts of articles, post on social media sites, update web content, handle logistics, answer phones, or conduct basic research. In addition, the incumbent will assist with special projects and events related to these functions.
Qualified candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent and at least one year of experience in communications, marketing, or a related field.
In addition, qualified candidates must have skills in Facebook, Twitter, Desktop Publishing, and Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Preferred candidates will have a bachelor's degree in a related field and experience in a fast paced healthcare environment. Preferred candidates will also have skills in Google Docs, Illustrator, digital photography, YouTube, Instagram, videography, email marketing campaigns, Adobe Photoshop, Content Management Systems, and InDesign.
This is a restricted position and is contingent on future funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to interact tactfully with the general public.
2. Provide excellent customer service, and develop professional communication skills.
3. Demonstrate abilities in posting and editing website content.
4. Ability to quickly learn relevant computer software.
5. Ability to follow directions, work effectively as part of a team, manage multiple tasks, and pay attention to detail.
6. Ability to prepare and edit written communication according to set standards.
7. Possess basic knowledge of the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84796