Required Qualifications: (As evidenced by an attached resume)
Master's Degree (equivalent) or higher in Social Work or related human services discipline. Four (4) years of care management experience that includes relevant mental health experience and/or experience with persons with chronic health conditions. Knowledge of community resources, rights, entitlements, care coordination and advocacy. One (1) year of supervisory and administrative experience in a social work, mental health or care management program. Must have advanced MS Office skills, and administrative and organizational skills. Must have, keep and maintain the appropriate valid NYS Driver’s License; have a motor vehicle record which is free from major violations or a pattern of repeat violations. (***Out-of-State Applicants, see "Special Notes”).
LMSW (Licensed Master Social Worker), LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) or appropriate human service or health care licensure. Knowledge of and experience in the integration of behavioral and physical health care, the NYS Medicaid Health Home Program. Additional year of supervisory and administrative experience in a social work, mental health or care management program. SIFI (Seminar in Field Instruction) certified.
Brief Description of Duties:
The purpose of the Outreach Coordinator position is to oversee the outreach and referral processes in the Sayville Project Health Home Care Management (HH CM) Program. This includes performing outreach activities to prospective Health Home clients, meeting with and engaging hospital and community providers in the referral process, providing training and supervision of the Community Health Worker and Outreach staff and students, and providing oversight administration and management of the enrollment process to the Sayville Project HH CM program. The Outreach Coordinator provides oversight and management of the DOH referral rosters and the administrative functions related to all Health Home, MCO and Community referrals.
- Assume responsibility for the on-going development, supervision and coordination of the Outreach activities and referral functions of the HH CM program in accordance with agency/SUNY, Health Home, Medicaid, NYS OMH, NYS DOH and Suffolk County DMH guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Perform administrative tasks and functions related to Outreach Roster Management, including case assignment, enrollment/disenrollment, reviewing and entering client data, and completion and organization of required record keeping and documentation. Management of client hospital alerts, care opportunities and Health Home and MCO notifications as assigned by the Director.
- Coordination of outreach activities to potential and former clients, and to organizations in an effort to develop relationships to enhance referrals and the coordination of care amongst disparate health care systems of care. Take leadership implementing community based initiatives to organize and educate others on the benefits of the Health Home Program. Liaison to the Hudson River Health Home staff and community organizations.
- Responsible for data management and tracking as it relates to the outreach and referral processes and the enrollment/disenrollment of clients of the Health Home Program and in accordance with appropriate regulations, policies and procedures. Mastery of the GSI Health System application and the NYS Medicaid Analytics Performance Portal (MAPP) in order to obtain pertinent client data and manage client status.
- Responsible for the training, supervision and oversight of Outreach and Community Health Worker Staff (including Community Health Workers, Student Assistants, Social Work Interns and other volunteers).
- Mastery of the Health Home regulations, policies and procedures and the development of internal systems, policies and procedures for the smooth operation of the care management outreach and referral unit. This in accordance with the agency's theoretical principles and values, and with the regulations, policies and procedures of the agency/SSW, Medicaid, DOH, OMH, and SCDH.
- Facilitate the development of a systematic and comprehensive knowledge of clients rights and entitlements, community, mental health and other resources and referral and grievance procedures within the unit. Develop practices in accordance with the advocacy/empowerment theoretical model, operating from a client-centered, strengths-based social work practice orientation.
- The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for performing UR and Quality Management functions, is a member of the SP administrative component, and assists the CM Supervisor, Agency Director and other members of administrative team.
- Participate in the development and the implementation of the agency’s SBU and Medicaid Compliance Plan (following appropriate legal and regulatory requirements related to privacy, HIPAA and HITECH compliance).
- The Outreach Coordinator participates in program development and evaluation, and the ongoing development and refinement of agency and care management policies and procedures, and the implementation of Suffolk County, NYS OMH and DOH Health Home and Medicaid guidelines and regulations.
- Participate in all required administrative, staff and in-service training meetings and activities. Member of the agency's administrative unit, participating in agency, administrative and personnel decision-making as required. Agency representative at care management related inter-organizational and community meetings.
- Participate in on-going training and education to further one's professional practice. Develop one's practice in accordance with the advocacy/empowerment theoretical model, thereby operating from a client-centered, strength's-based social work practice orientation.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the agency Director, including those duties necessary for the successful administration and management of the agency's care management programs and the Medicaid Health Home Initiative.
This is a full time appointment. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
***Out-of-State Applicants: Please note as a condition of employment and in order for this position to be tendered, the successful incumbent will be required to provide evidence of a valid license and driving abstract from the state issuing the license within five business days of a conditional offer and must obtain a NYS driver's license within 30 days of acceptance of offer.
Essential Position: This has been designated as an essential position based on the duties of the job and the functions performed. Positions that are designated as such are required to report to work/remain at work even if classes are cancelled, and the campus is working on limited operations in an emergency.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Stony Brook:
Stony Brook University, home to many highly ranked graduate research programs, is located 60 miles from New York City on Long Island's scenic North Shore. Our 1,100-acre campus is home to 24,000 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students and more than 13,500 faculty and staff. SBU is a comprehensive research-intensive university and a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU), which includes 34 public universities among its 62 members. SBU consists of 12 schools and colleges and a teaching hospital that provides state-of-the-art healthcare in the Long Island region. SBU also manages and performs joint research with Brookhaven National Laboratory, the only Department of Energy Laboratory in the Northeast, and shares doctoral programs with Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, a world-renowned molecular biology institute. Home to the Emerson String Quartet, the Jackson Pollock House in East Hampton, New York, the Humanities Institute, and the Southampton Arts Program, and with endeavors that extend to the Turkana Basin Institute in Kenya and the Ranomafana National Park in Madagascar, SBU sustains an international reputation that cuts across the arts, humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Counselor
Job Field: Social Work/Behavioral Health
Primary Location: US-NY-Bohemia
Department/Hiring Area: SUNY Stony Brook, Sayville Project-Stony Brook University
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pmSUNY Stony Brook, Sayville Project-Stony Brook University
Posting Start Date: Jun 7, 2018
Posting End Date: Jul 21, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: $45,000 - $50,000/Ann@1.0FTE CWE
Salary Grade: SL3