Asset Management - 151020
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8 am-5 pm
Asset Management is responsible for receiving freight, delivery to Campus, and picking up Surplus on 3 Campus' and disposing of Surplus property. Asset Management is also responsible for identifying, tagging and tracking all Assets at UNT and System Business Units.
The Asset Management Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Warehouse Clerk to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Receiving, delivery, pickup, staging and security of both procured and surplused items for the University's Receiving/Surplus functions.
* Proper record keeping for the Surplus and Receiving functions through proper update of the Enterprise Information system (EIS).
* Responsible for documentation for interdepartmental transfers of material to surplus and proper accountability on delivery documents.
* Possess a high level of customer service skills in dealing with University and Public entities on a daily basis.
* Possess the ability to be flexible in work assignments on a daily basis.
* Ability to lift 75 lbs. repetitively on a daily basis.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Graduation from High School or GED equivalent and five years of related experience. Substitution of education for experience allowed. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* General knowledge of parts on hand as well as their general functionality.
* Prior experience in inventory control and warehouse shipping and receiving.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Must be able to effectively handle problems and duties in the warehouse and shipping and receiving areas.
* Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
* Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
* Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
* Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
* Knowledge of postal or commercial shipping methods and procedures.
* Skill in making mathematical calculations and computations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting