Assistant Director of Digital Media
Assistant Director of Digital Media
Athletic Program Asst Director
Athletics - Gen - 220410
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; evenings/weekends
UNT competes as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and C-USA. North Texas' athletic programs are classified as NCAA Division I, the largest and highest division among all colleges and universities. The 46,000 square-foot Athletic Center located off South Bonnie Brae Street is the centerpiece of North Texas athletics. Athletics strives to conduct a competitive athletics program that promotes faculty, staff, student and community affiliation and participation with North Texas Athletics. Also, to provide facilities which attract the highest level of talent and allow student athletes to perform at the highest level in practice and in competition.
The Athletics Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Assistant Director of Digital Media to join our team.
Under the direction of the Director of Digital Media, the Assistant Director of Digital Media will coordinate and assist with the creation and production of video content for the University of North Texas Athletics Department. The content will be distributed through various electronic media including; MeanGreenSports.com; video boards, Conference USA Network; television programming and other multimedia outlets.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinate in capturing and editing highlights for all sports (production of highlight videos, shooting highlights personally or staffing out to students, etc.).
* Manage and assist with special video projects including post-season events, marketing and promotions, and advertising initiatives.
* Primary focus will be football and basketball as well as other live sporting events as assigned.
* Assist with management of all video and scoreboard content for more than 200 events per year in multiple venues.
* Responsible for editing, cable/coil running, using microphones, lights, and mixers for multi-cam production.
* Create original content in the form of cinematic composition for sporting events and stories.
* Coordinate with internal and conference partners on Web streaming technologies and sponsorship content.
* Handle multi-camera production and digital editing of live game film, pre-taped content, and journalistic productions.
* Assist production crews from ESPN, BSN, and Stadium/Facebook for events.
* Comply with all NCAA and Conference USA rules and regulations.
* Assist in the hiring, training and development of game day staff for production of live events
* May perform other duties assigned by the Senior Associate AD for Communications and/or Executive Team.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in in related field and two years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's Degree.
* Knowledge of multi-camera production and signal flow.
* Effective written and oral communication skills and computer skills.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Proficiency with Adobe CS Suite (or similar non-linear video editing software), After Effects, and Photoshop.
* Working knowledge of video equipment (cameras, tripods, editing platforms, post-production programs/techniques, etc.).
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting