Office Support Assistant - Night Desk
Office Support Assistant - Night Desk
Office Support Assistant
Residence Hall Operations - 163803
Is this an internal posting only?
Sunday - Friday; 12 am - 8:30 am
The Department of Housing and Residence Life at the University of North Texas is a growing organization which serves nearly 6,300 students in 15 residence halls. Our department is organized into the following areas: housing operations, residence life, and financial administration. UNT Housing contributes to the mission of the university by promoting safe and inclusive living environments, fostering student connections and campus engagement, and providing diverse learning opportunities.
The Housing and Residence Life Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Office Support Assistant to join our team.
The Office Support Assistant functions as the nighttime desk clerk in one of the on-campus residence halls. This position maintains and implements the residence hall operations by providing effective and efficient service to students and staff through telephone, receptionist and clerical skills with an emphasis on security do to night hours of position. This position is under the supervision of the Hall Director.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Maintains vigilant awareness of activities and individuals in the residence hall and follows up on any misconduct or unusual activity
* Provides excellent customer service to residents, staff, and guests
* Accurately documents the use of equipment and keys; reports unusual hall incidents on proper forms; keeps emergency information updated
* Serves as a resource for residents and guests; explains Housing and UNT policies
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a High school diploma and one year of moderately responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Advanced customer service skills.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep records, to assemble and organize data, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize assignments and tasks.
* Ability to work on confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting