Visiting Field Coordinator - Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics (A1800351)
College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences
Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Position: Visiting Field Coordinator - Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics
The primary purpose of this position is to collaborate with Principal Investigator (PI), Project Coordinator, Study Abroad Project Manager and other local and international partners in implementation and management of the Department for International Development, UK (DFID) - funded project, "The Assuring Quality Higher Education in Sierra Leone (AQHEd-SL)" and study abroad program in Sierra Leone led by the PI. AQHEd-SL will bring together higher education institutions across Sierra Leone to work together to enhance the quality of higher education service delivery, leading to improved management and implementation of outcome based education, and the establishment of a National Qualifications Framework.
This position is based in Sierra Leone and organizationally located in the Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics (ACE) and reports to the PI, project coordinator and Study Abroad Project Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The position entails project planning, implementation and management responsibilities with particular emphasis on building relationship with local and international partners, local university faculty, staff and students for achieving outcome based education and successful study abroad program. This includes, but is not limited to the following duties:
- Collaborate with Sierra Leonean universities and private sector entities in networking and designing internship programs for university students
- Liaise with AQHEd-SL international and local partners in public and private sectors to assist UIUC professors in reviewing and developing National Qualification Framework
- Coordinate with Njala University, University of Makeni, UIUC professors and education specialist, and other partners in designing and delivery of workshops for curriculum development and revision in Agriculture, Economic and Business for outcome based education
- Participate in AQHEd-SL project meetings as a UIUC representative and report to PI and the Project Coordinator after the meetings
- Support PI and Study Abroad Project Manager in implementation of PI-led study abroad program through close collaboration with Njala University
- Teach one course (Learning in Community - LINC) with Njala University and study abroad students
- Identify and create internship placements with NGOs, private sector firms, and development projects for study abroad students
- Produce and write a report on project activities
- Support in-country travel arrangement for UIUC faculty and staff
- Travel within Sierra Leone as required
Required: Master's degree in international development, education, public policy, political science, or related field.
Required: At least four years of international development experience in Africa. Excellent skills in communication, writing and presenting reports in English.
Preferred: Working experience with universities in Africa in designing and managing a study abroad program. Experience in donor-funded international development project in agriculture. Experience in institutional capacity development projects. Experience living and working in limited resource settings.
Position: This position is classified as a 12-month, 100% time Visiting Academic Professional position located at Urbana-Champaign, IL. This position may become non-visiting at a later time, dependent upon funding and programmatic needs.
Salary/Appointment: Commensurate with education and experience. The proposed starting date will be July 16, 2018.
Procedures: Candidate profiles should be created and cover letter, resumes, and 3 references should be uploaded at http://jobs.illinois.edu. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by June 25, 2018. Applicants may be interviewed before closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information, candidates may contact Melissa Warmbier, 217-333-8859, [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: ACES
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Visiting Field Coordinator - Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics (A1800351)
Open Date: 06/07/2018
Close Date: 06/25/2018
Organization Name: Agr and Consumer Economics