Video Producer - Gies College of Business, Marketing and Communications (A1800352)
Gies College of Business - Marketing & Communications
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
To serve as the lead video producer and editor for the creation of digital content for web, social media, alumni engagement, student recruitment, and advancement for the Office of Marketing and Communications in Gies College of Business.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gather and propose ideas and topics for video
- Initiate content production meetings for new projects.
- Assist in the content development and message strategy for projects.
- Ensure all proper and legal forms of consent are collected and maintained.
- Produce marketing and communications video content for the College that aligns with our brand, mission, and goals, which feature and target alumni, recruiters, students, faculty and peers
- Visual storyteller responsible for storyboarding, shooting footage and editing, and packaging materials appropriately for delivery.
- Concepting, pre-production, shooting in studio and on-location settings, editing, work with graphics, live production, and committed to quality work
- Collaborate closely with internal clients and stakeholders to help facilitate the creation of multimedia content.
- Plan video shoots, scout, select and reserve shoot locations.
- Develop and manage production schedules and calendar.
- Determine and schedule additional crew as necessary.
- Maintains production equipment.
- Understand and adhere to legal/compliance standards of the university
- Develop video standards and policies that align with the college mission/vision, brand guidelines and legal standards
- Ensure that all videos meet the needs of a varying audience of ability through the use of captioning and other forms as needed.
- Maintain a video library and assist with repurposing video from across the college and campus.
- Manage a student crew of videographers for the College, and will be responsible for hiring, training, making assignments, and posting finished work.
- Remain current on emerging and new digital trends, the latest in video equipment, and best practices in video production.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Required: Bachelor's degree in media production or related field.
Preferred: Master's degree in media production or related field.
Required: Minimum of two years actively working in video production.
Preferred: Three to five years of experience with location video shooting; developing and maintaining digital media content at Illinois
or other higher education academic environment, creating and editing documentation; participating in diverse workgroups.
Required: The position requires a broad and thorough understanding of videography, communications and marketing principles,
strategies and tactics, particularly as they relate to video: comprehensive technical knowledge, digital storytelling, storyboarding, strong
aesthetic and editorial sensibilities, the ability to work effectively with collaborators from a wide range of campus units, strong skills in
managing projects and people and public speaking skills. The duties of this position require working directly with faculty, staff, students,
alumni and guests, operating equipment, and scouting locations. Ability to constructively assess communications processes and works to
improve and advance them via video and streaming technology; strong combination of visual communications, analytical and strong
storytelling and storyboarding skills, including the ability to take complex research stories and produce a video feature that is accessible to multiple audiences; understand the fundamentals of branding and brand experience; ability to work independently and as part of a team, including project management. Proficiency with audio/video tools and skills including: Video and audio editing software (primarily Adobe products); Still image editing and manipulation for video delivery (primarily Adobe products); Network file storage and navigating server environments; Video lighting; Audio mixing; Basic video color correction; Green screen and other keying techniques; Clear communication through written documentation; Team attitude; and Personality that promotes a positive environment for Digital Media Team and the Office of Marketing and Communications staff.
Preferred: Motion Graphics with Adobe After Effects; Blackmagic Design Digital Cinema Cameras; Demonstrated ability to contribute
to large-scale projects within established deadlines.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a full-time (100%), benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month basis. The position is available as soon as possible after the closing date.
For full consideration, all applicants must create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references as a single PDF file by June 29, 2018. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, email [email protected].
The University of Illinois Gies College of Business conducts criminal background checks and will request academic transcripts from all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Business
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Video Producer - Gies College of Business, Marketing and Communications (A1800352)
Open Date: 06/07/2018
Close Date: 06/29/2018
Organization Name: Gies Mktg and Communications