Academic Advisor - Gies College of Business, Office of Undergraduate Affairs (A1800349)
Office of Undergraduate Affairs
Gies College of Business
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Provide academic advising and guidance to undergraduate students enrolled in the Gies College of Business.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide academic advising and guidance with regard to university, college, and department graduation requirements and academic policies
- Engage in purposeful discussion with students to learn about course performance and interests and assist with the selection of an appropriate major
- Provide advice regarding academic and career options
- Refer students to appropriate academic, career, and student affairs support resources
- Monitor academic progress toward graduation using the appropriate systems; identify and reach out to advisees to support successful academic progress
- Thoroughly document all student contacts using the advising portal system
- Provide summer registration advising and assistance to new first-year and transfer students
- Articulate study abroad courses for undergraduate students
- Coordinate programs and events related to major and career exploration, academic success skills, student transition, and other relevant areas
- Collaborate with Gies Career Services and other College and campus-level units to support students' academic success and professional development
- Support Office of Undergraduate Affairs initiatives and programs as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Required: Master's degree
Required: At least two years of professional experience.
Preferred: Experience working directly with undergraduate students in higher education, particularly with first generation, low socioeconomic status, underrepresented students, or international students in higher education. Demonstrated commitment to undergraduate student education and ability to respond to undergraduate students' needs and concerns. Exceptional communication skills, strong organizational and planning skills, and the ability to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues within and outside of the unit.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a full-time (100%), benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month basis. The position is available as soon as possible after the closing date.
For full consideration, all applicants must create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references as a single PDF file by June 27, 2018. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, email [email protected].
The University of Illinois Gies College of Business conducts criminal background checks and will request academic transcripts from all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Business
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Academic Advisor - Gies College of Business, Office of Undergraduate Affairs (A1800349)
Open Date: 06/06/2018
Close Date: 06/27/2018
Organization Name: Gies Undergraduate Affairs