MANAGER OF GRANTS AND CONTRACTS
Duties: The Grants Manager for PennDesign's Research Support Center (RSC) will be responsible for overseeing all grants and contracts for the School of Design and PennPraxis, a separate 501(c)3 that serves as the applied research arm of the School, working in close collaboration with the Associate Dean for Research (ADR). He or she will be responsible for overseeing both pre-and post - award processes. The Grants Manager reports to both to the Associate Dean for Research and to the Director of Finance and will supervise a Grants Coordinator.
The Grants Manager will be responsible for:
* developing research/grants management policies and procedures in collaboration with the ADR;
* assisting PennDesign faculty in developing proposals and proposal budgets in accordance with specific grant guidelines and deadlines;
* supervising the PennDesign Grants Coordinator (GC);
* overseeing all pre-and post-award processes including:
* reviewing grant submission guidelines to ensure compliance with specific Agency submission rules and requirements
* assisting the GC with loading proposals for electronic submission into the PennERA system, Grants.gov or Fastlane, preparing and processing all pre-approved budgeted transactions including payroll, purchase orders, subcontracts, individual service providers, invoices, purchasing card, and journal entries according to University sponsored research and financial guidelines;
* entering awarded budgets into BEN Financials;
* closely monitoring and reconciling transactions on a monthly basis;
* producing monthly summaries and detailed budgets to actual reports for Center Directors, Principal Investigators, and Project Managers, and closing out projects;
* acting as the liaison with the Office of Research Services (ORS) to ensure compliance with pre- and post-award policies and procedures; and
* sending Praxis contracts and invoices to clients
Position is contingent on continued funding.
Qualifications: BA/BS in finance, accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Three to five years of experience in pre- and post-award research administration strongly preferred. Knowledge of computerized accounting and managerial administrative software packages preferred; i.e., PennERA, RIS, Business Objects, Effort Reporting, Oracle systems. Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines. Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and verbal and written communications. The ability to be comfortable working in a frequently changing environment and to function both independent and as part of a team. Familiar with University sponsored policies and procedures and the financial systems a must.
The successful candidate should have the ability to work independently, clearly demonstrate attention for detail, highly effective interpersonal skills and the ability to enforce grant and contract guidelines with constituents in a professional, diplomatic and assertive manner. A successful candidate will possess an ability to work under pressure with multiple project deadlines and an ability to work well with individuals of diverse backgrounds and skill sets who represent different areas of the School.
Reference Number: 33-28993
Salary Grade: 027
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: PennDesign Finance
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: D-Financial