Lawn Maintenance (Limited-term)
Posting # 2018-1276
Location US-WI-Eau Claire
Category Support Staff
Close Date 6/24/2018
Type Full-time, Limited-term
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Hourly Pay Rate/Salary $10.00 - $12.00 per hour based on qualifications
Hours per Week Approximately 40 hours per week
Work Schedule 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday - Friday. This limited-term position is anticipated to work through October 26, 2018.
Anticipated Start Date As soon as possible
Overview and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Lead Groundskeeper, the lawn maintenance worker is responsible for performing a variety of manual and technical work specifically related to grounds care and maintenance. The primary role of this position includes the operation of commercial lawn mowers and weed trimmers at CVTC's West Campus.
- Operate commercial mowing machines, lawn mowers, and weed trimmers.
- Maintain a groomed and clean outdoor environment; sweep walks, pick up trash, and pick up clippings.
- Perform work at other campuses as assigned.
- General maintenance and upkeep of lawn-care equipment.
- Operate College vehicles on and off campus.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow safety information and operational instruction.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Ability to value diversity by recognizing personal biases, adapting to culturally diverse situations, and demonstrating a commitment to equity, inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Basic knowledge of and skills with technology including software programs for communication, data collection, and decision making including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience in turf management preferred.
- Equipment maintenance experience preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years-old and possess and maintain a valid Wisconsin driver's license and acceptable driving record; includes meeting all requirements as indicated by CVTC's insurance carrier.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
CVTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the college's non-discrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 620 W. Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701, 715-833-6334, WI Relay: 711
Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC) is part of the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) and serves an eleven-county area in west central Wisconsin. The largest campus is located in Eau Claire and includes a Business Education Center and Health Education Center, plus a Manufacturing Education Center at the Gateway Campus and an Emergency Service Education Center and Energy Education Center at the West Campus. CVTC has regional centers in Chippewa Falls, Menomonie, Neillsville and River Falls. The College is one of 16 WTCS colleges located throughout the state.
CVTC offers 66 programs, over 25 certificates, and customized training to an average of 140 businesses annually. CVTC has an outstanding placement rate, with 91% of CVTC graduates are employed within six months of graduation, with 88% in a related field.
CVTC has a nationally recognized faculty and state-of-the art facilities and equipment. Business and industry leaders serve on advisory committees and help CVTC match its curriculum to the needs of today's workplace. Courses are offered at numerous locations in traditional classroom settings, as well as online and in a variety of blended and hybrid formats.
Equal Opportunity/Access Employer and Educator
Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its employment, admissions, programs, or activities.
View Complete Equal Opportunity/Access Employer & Educator Statement at https://www.cvtc.edu/about-cvtc/equal-opportunity-college