Associate Director, Graduate Career Services
Miller Center for Career Services
Summary of the Position
Provide career education and coaching and job search guidance to designated populations of graduate students. Develop, implement, market and support customized career coaching programs to aid students in self-assessment, career planning, and job search strategies to achieve career success. Expand existing employer base. Provide support to all students and career services team as needed. Develops and maintains strong internal relationships with faculty, staff, student organizations and affinity groups associated and related to student cohorts. Develops and maintains online and in person career communities related to student cohorts. Posts regular, relevant content for career communities on website or via weekly emails. Associate Directors will be expected to manage one or more initiatives outside of their regular duties that support the overall strategy and mission of their department in Career Services.
• Provides individual and small group career advising and coaching to students and assists them in career identification and preparation.
• Regularly communicates with and closely tracks engagement and employment progress of student cohort.
• Initiates and maintains corporate relationships through regular interaction with employers and alumni representatives.
• Administers and interprets career assessment tools.
• Oversees the development and delivery of innovative on and off campus career programming and events.
• Collaborates with employers, student organization, faculty and staff to promote and deliver effective career programming to educate and inform students about functional roles, career paths, industries and employer organizations.
• Assists in the marketing and promotion of programs and activities presented by Career Services; instructs introductory level and/or advanced level Career Development Seminars for graduate students.
• Global intercultural awareness and an ability to work with a diverse student body, as well as understanding of OPT and CPT standards.
Minimum Qualifications(Education and Experience Requirements)
• BA/BS degree and 8 or more years of related experience or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and advising skills.
• Well informed about business issues and climate.
• Strong computer competency with Microsoft suite and social media and willingness and ability to develop to expertise level.
• Must gain proficiency with BentleyLink and/or relevant advising/posting system.
• Sensitivity in dealing with diverse populations.
• Corporate experience and/or higher education career services background.
• Master's degree is strongly preferred.
• Experience in career assessment tools preferred.
Accuracy is very important to the successful completion of position. Dexterity and speed are also required since use and knowledge of technology is a daily requirement. High energy and high output are required during surges of activity at particularly busy times in the academic year.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you possess a minimum of a bachelors degree?
- Do you have experience with career assessment tools?
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.