About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2018-073
Posting Start Date: 6/6/2018
Minimum Education: High School/GED
Additional Documentation: Transcripts May Be Submitted
Compensation: $34,691 - $43,087
Lead Maintenance Mechanic, Carpenter
Overview of position: Summary of position's responsibilities:
- Perform rough and finished carpentry work from beginning to end, including some maintenance and repair of existing buildings and facilities;
- Build partitions, counters, doors, scaffolds, and forms; construct, assemble, install and repair cabinets, book cases, chairs, desks, and tables;
- Perform rough framing duties; cut, trim, hand and finish doors, sliding doors, enclosures and overhangs; construct cement forms; pour, finish and repair interior furnishings;
- Correctly use and apply a variety of carpentry tools;
- Measure and cut materials;
- Perform a variety of preventive building maintenance functions; inspect and repair rotten and decayed floor boards, doors, deck planks and floors;
- On occasion may be needed for preparation, priming, sealing, staining or painting of surface interior or exterior as needed;
- Install and replace window frames and broken windows; repair, replace or construct complete window frames;
- Install and repair and finish sheet rock as assigned or required;
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and documents.
- Ability to make working sketches, mockups or models as required.
- Ability to identify parts, materials, equipment and supplies, specify and source materials, fixtures, fittings and hardware and estimate cost and time needed to complete projects.
- High School Diploma or equivalent carpentry coursework
- Three (3) years' experience working as a Carpenter;
- Journey level or equivalent experience in rough and finish carpentry, including the ability at the journey level necessary to plan and execute repair and minor remodeling projects.
- Experience Leading a team;
- Working in Higher Education;
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.