Assistant Coach, Softball
Assistant Coach, Softball
Position Number: 10042856
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 06/20/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Coach, Softball. The Assistant Coach will assist the head coach in fostering and encouraging the goals of student-athletes, and stresses the elements of sportsmanship and fair play. Facilitates the mission of UNG, the Peach Belt Conference, and the NCAA.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Assistant Coach, Softball will:
- Educate and direct student-athletes in the fundamentals of UNG Softball. Responsible for compliance of all university and NCAA rules, regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Develop and implement practice regimens. Assist with management of all intercollegiate games
- Participate in the recruitment and mentorship of scholar-athletes.
- Along with Director of Compliance, responsible for student-athlete eligibility certification and completion of forms and medical exams, and provide NCAA reports to the Compliance Office as required.
- Perform additional duties that may be assigned by the Head Softball Coach or Director of Athletics
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have experience and knowledge of the game of softball with the ability to improve individual techniques/skills and game strategy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; and adequate computer skills.
- High ethical standards and ability to relate work with a diverse faculty, staff, students and other publics.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Collegiate softball playing experience required; experience with softball pitching preferred
- Must be willing to obtain certifications in CPR/AED and be willing to obtain other certifications as needed.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. This position will require a background check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.