Limited Term Assistant Coach/Baseball
Limited Term Assistant Coach/Baseball
Position Number: 10043787
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 06/20/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Limited Term Assistant Baseball Coach. The Assistant Baseball Coach will assist the head coach with instruction and fostering academic and athletic success while stressing the elements of sportsmanship and fair play. Facilitates the mission of UNG, the Peach Belt Conference, and the NCAA.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Assistant Baseball Coach will:
- Assist with the instruction of players at regular practice sessions and intercollegiate games for UNG baseball program under direction of the head coach.
- Be responsible for following compliance of all university and NCAA rules, regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Support the academic mission of the university; demonstrates a strong commitment to the retention, academic success, and graduation of student-athletes. Participate in the recruitment and mentorship of student-athletes.
- Assist with the day to day baseball operations specifically in Coleman Fieldhouse.
- Perform additional duties that may be assigned by the Head Coach or Athletic Director.
- Assist Head Coach as needed in fundraising for the UNG baseball program.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have experience and knowledge of the game of baseball with the ability to improve individual techniques/skills and game strategy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, and adequate computer skills.
- High ethical standards and ability to relate to work with a diverse faculty, staff, students and other publics.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods of time, often in adverse weather conditions.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years NCAA baseball coaching experience
- Must be willing to obtain certifications in CPR/First Aid and be willing to obtain other certifications as needed
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. This position will require a background check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.