Part Time Rec Center Facility Staff
Part Time Rec Center Facility Staff
Position Number: 10060450
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 06/20/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Rec Center Facility Staff. The facility staff reports to shift supervisor and directly to the Facilities Coordinator and is responsible for supervising the facility. Facility staff must be knowledgeable about facility policies, procedures, programs and overall Rec Sports departments.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Rec Center Facility Staff will:
- Check-out sport and fitness equipment
- Respond to emergencies, following the Rec Sports Emergency Action Plan
- Clean and organize equipment and weights in the fitness areas
- Enforce Rec Center Policies and Procedures
- Provide spot or assistance to patrons in their workouts
- Provide customer service to patrons by answering facility and university-related questions
- Supervise fitness areas, gymnasium and track and maintain a safe environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of all areas of recreational sports programs.
- Knowledge should include facility operations, equipment, spotting techniques, and risk management.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and provide customer service.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma required. Some college preferred.
- Preferred that applicants have general knowledge and experience with aspects of health, fitness and recreation
- The student must obtain CPR/First Aid certification within one month of employment.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. This position will require a background check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.