Unit Operations Specialist III
Department: Adjunct Services
Location: Metropolitan Campus
Reports To: Mgr Adjunct Services
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req324
Employment Type: Full-Time Support Staff
Vacancy Number: 030-19
Union Position: Union
Work Schedule: Standard College Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Number of Openings: 1
- Provides functional supervision, coordinates activities of support personnel and performs a variety of complex/diversified tasks related to unit operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow
- Maintains budget spending, account activity, budget files and record books; provides budget support to campus departments; develops new budget procedures for improvement in unit
- Monitors/tracks travel database, notes and documentation relating to the travel process
- Enters purchase requisitions and BCR forms into the Banner system
- Provides clerical/general office support as needed such as assisting in the preparation of presentation materials, written documents and forms
- Provides training to staff and faculty on unit operations
- Responds to operational inquiries and information concerns from staff, faculty and the general public
- Resolves enrollment, refund problems and assists in resolving concerns of staff and faculty with issues in Banner, budget and travel issues, office equipment and computer hardware/software
- Organizes, prioritizes and delegates duties to unit staff and proofs work for conformance to policies and procedures
- Functionally supervises and schedules the work of student assistants in the assigned unit
- Performs other related duties within the job grade and job classification as assigned
- High School diploma/GED
- Four years of experience servicing students in an academic setting
- Two years of functional supervisory experience
- Administrative support experience
- Knowledge of the preparation and monitoring of a departmental budget
- Strong customer service skills
- Skills in keyboarding, basic grammar, basic math, intermediate level word processing (MS Word) and intermediate level spreadsheet applications (MS Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sensitivity to appropriately respond to the needs of a diverse population
- Associate's degree
- Skills in advanced level word processing (MS Word), advanced level spreadsheet applications (MS Excel)
- Advanced level presentation software skills
- Experience with Banner Student Information System
- Previous experience with assisting in monitoring and preparing a departmental budget
Work is performed in an office setting with moderate noise level. The work schedule is standard College business days/times. Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, reach overhead and lift up to 40 lbs.
Special Note:This is a Full-time 1199/SEIU Bargaining Unit position, grade 06. Full-time 1199/SEIU bargaining unit employees at Cuyahoga Community College will be considered first for vacant position. Minimum of $38,770.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.