FRONT END DEVELOPER
Duties: The front-end developer works with departmental staff and constituencies throughout the University to create and maintain Drupal-based websites including the central University website, Penn Today, the Office of the President as well as special projects and a suite of email newsletters.
* Work with design and development staff to create html websites, website templates and Drupal themes.
* Create, maintain and improve responsive email newsletter templates.
* Retrofit existing publications to meet accessibility standards
* Continuous improvement of web properties
* Assist w Q/A process
* Make content updates to webpages
* Collaborate on project documentation
Qualifications: * A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields preferred is preferred and 3 years to 5 years of related experience is required.
* Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
* Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
* Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
* Proficient programming for HTML newsletters. Mailchimp and Litmus prefered.
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
* Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
* Good understanding of build and automation tools like Grunt, Gulp
* Proven experience coding responsive designs with high traffic, high profile websites;
* Ability to read and ensure feasibility of UI/ UX/ design documents such as screen layouts, user interface elements, and prototypes;
* Knowledge of web standards and ability to identify and remedy web accessibility issues;
* Ability to work collaboratively with developers and designers, working within a pattern library or style guide
* Able to integrate and interpret Google Analytics
* Design skills and/or Drupal dev skills a plus.
* Motivation to stay abreast of current coding practices and make continuous improvements on work.
* Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects; use time management, prioritization skills, and independent judgment
* Must possess strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Reference Number: 81-29058
Salary Grade: C
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: University Communications
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: E-Information Systems/Technology