Duties: The primary goals of Wharton's Communication Program ('WHCP') are to help MBA, Executive MBA ('WEMBA'), Undergraduate and PhD students become more effective communicators. In addition, the Communication Program offers help to Wharton faculty who want to improve their teaching.
The Associate Director of the Wharton Communication Program works closely with the Director and other Associate Directors to support the Program's mission. Specific responsibilities include:
* Serve as course head for WHCP 611, Management Communication - the Program's largest core course, required of 860 MBA students each year. In this role, the Associate Director will manage all aspect of the curriculum design and delivery of the course. This includes development of all course materials, scheduling of instructors, managing outside vendors, and providing support for 40+ P/T instructors. Responsible for implementing curriculum consistently and fairly across 112 course sections.
* Teach MBA, WEMBA, and Undergraduate students the required Management Communication courses.
* Work with Director on financial projections and budgeting. Manage the process of approving invoices from over 60 teachers.
* Responsible for finding substitute teachers for all Communication Program courses.
* Support WHCP internal initiatives and other programs throughout the School in which WHCP is involved. This may involve participation in lecturer auditions, assistance with technology, coaching PhD students for their job talks, and coaching faculty who want to improve teaching.
Qualifications: A Master's degree and 4 to 8 years of experience required or equivalent combination of education and business experience. Strong preference for business experience. Strong oral and written communication skills required. Preference for candidates who taught, and have coached others to teach at the graduate school level. Strong interpersonal skills with a proven track record of working successfully and collegially in a fast-paced work environment.
Reference Number: 07-28975
Salary Grade: 028
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Wharton Communications Unit
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration