Department: Plant Operations
Location: Eastern Campus
Reports To: Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req329
Employment Type: Full-Time Support Staff
Vacancy Number: 031-19
Union Position: Union
Work Schedule: Monday 11:00pm-7:30am Thursday - Sunday 11:00pm-7:30am Shift differential
Number of Openings: 1
Performs duties associated with the repair and maintenance of facilities and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- *Performs duties associated with the repair and maintenance of buildings and equipment involving carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, welding, or mechanical skills.
- Assists in the installation of mechanical equipment.
- *Repairs mechanical plant equipment, such as, vehicles, motors, pumps, mowers, tractors, refrigeration and heating equipment.
- *May perform duties involved in roofing, plastering, tile, glass, metal working, welding, masonry, and painting.
- Installs and repairs hardware.
- Repairs furniture, utility lines and related fittings.
- Installs secondary electrical lines.
- Operates and maintains HVAC systems including monitoring, analyzing and adjusting automated and/or computer controlled systems.
- Operates all machinery and equipment necessary to perform duties.
- Directs Maintenance Mechanic Helpers or Yard Maintenance Mechanic Helpers who assist in the completion of projects.
- Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to the essential functions of the position.
- Demonstrates regular attendance.
- Accesses and utilizes College-prescribed software programs, including but not limited to training, email, payroll and maintenance management system.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Five (5) years of work experience in a building maintenance environment as a commercial/industrial Maintenance Mechanic – OR – a completed vocational or apprenticeship program.
- Knowledge of all types of tools in the trade.
- Ability to read and follow detailed work and safety instructions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Skills in keyboarding, basic math and grammar, and basic or standard word processing (MS Word) and/or spreadsheet applications (MS Excel).
- Proficiency with an email software package (MS Outlook) and the Internet.
- Valid Ohio Driver's license.
- Must be able to meet College insurability requirements.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population.
- Associate's degree in a job-related field.
- Ability to direct a small work crew.
- Experience with electronic work order system.
- Understanding/experience with quality programs and initiatives.
- Trade licensure or certification.
- LTO (Lift-Truck-Operator) license.
This is a full time AFSCME Bargaining Unit Salary Grade 6 position - Starting Salary $50,939.20 annualized. AFSCME employees at Cuyahoga Community College will be given 1st consideration.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.