Manager, Purchasing and Warehouse Services
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking a Manager, Purchasing and Warehouse Services for the District Office in Dublin, California.
The Manager, Purchasing and Warehouse Services is a management position designated by the Board of Trustees of the Chabot-Las Positas Community College District. The incumbent is charged by the Board of Trustees with the satisfactory implementation of Board policies and procedures as applicable to the position. The incumbent is responsible for planning, managing and administering the District’s Purchasing and Warehouse Operations. Direct responsibility is to the Vice Chancellor, Business Services.
The Manager of Purchasing and Warehouse Services shall be elected by the Governing Board upon the nomination of the Chancellor.
This position is categorically funded. Continuation of this position is contingent upon available funding on a year to year basis.
Job Title Manager, Purchasing and Warehouse Services
Position Type Management
Position Code 1APU02
Pay Rate (or Annual Salary) $100,283 - $119,097/annual
Job Location District Office, 7600 Dublin Blvd., 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568
Department Purchasing and Warehouse
The Manager, Purchasing and Warehouse Services shall:
1. Coordinate the purchase of District supplies, equipment, maintenance contracts, and related services; review of requisitions; research and select appropriate vendors for specific merchandise requested; obtain price quotations from vendors by telephone, fax and/or in writing, as necessary;
2. Write bid specifications, obtain Board authorization for specifications and advertising; receive and evaluate bids; recommend award of bids to Board for approval;
3. Retrieve data from computer terminal, enter and/or modify pricing information; review prepared purchase orders for accuracy;
4. Interview vendors and maintain a library of up-to-date catalogs and other reference materials;
5. Contact vendors regarding damaged material received or deviations from purchase orders and prepare correspondence as necessary to resolve the problem;
6. Prepare and administer department budgets and maintain expenditures within approved budget;
7. Develop, recommend and update purchasing/warehouse objectives, polices, procedures, and methods according to District policy, needs and legal requirements; comply with applicable legal requirements of the California Government Codes effective purchasing;
8. Coordinate, supervise and monitor work performed by Purchasing and Warehouse staff, evaluating work performance in accordance with established District policies and procedures and collective bargaining agreement;
9. Manage District surplus property; monitor pick up of property from departments to warehouse; contact auctioneer to arrange for sale
10. Administer and monitor District stores inventory, record annual physical inventory of stock;
11. Supervise the inventory control and equipment tagging of fixed assets;
12. Manage District telephone and mail communications;
13. Negotiate, prepare for Board approval and administer contracts for District goods and services;
14. Perform other assigned duties.
Minimum Education and Experience
Education and Experience:
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four year college or university with a degree in business administration or a related field
Four years of increasingly responsible technical purchasing experience, including supervision, PREFERABLY in a community college or school district OR an equivalent combination of education and experience which indicates possession of knowledge and ability required.
Possession of a valid California driver’s license.
1. Purchasing principles and practices related to centralized purchasing operation and inventory control;
2. Source of supplies, equipment and services used in a community college district or school district;
3. Policies, regulations and laws governing purchasing requirements administered by various agencies;
4. Methods of purchasing by specifications and competitive bidding;
5. Microcomputer operation and various software programs;
6. Principles of administrative, supervision and training;
7. Budget preparation and control;
8. Interpersonal skills including tact, patience and diplomacy.
1. Plan, organize and manage the District's Purchasing and Warehouse Operations;
2. Obtain optimal prices for various commodities; prepare bid specifications and secure competitive bids;
3. Interpret and apply related laws, rules and regulations affecting community college purchasing operations;
4. Operate variety of office equipment including a microcomputer, calculator, and facsimile;
5. Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with others; communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
6. Analyzing situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action;
7. Prepare and implement budgets;
8. Supervise assigned personnel.
CPP (Certified Purchasing Professional)
Physical Demands and Working Environment
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number AS198P
Open Date 06/07/2018
Close Date 07/03/2018
Open Until Filled No
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- Other Document
CHABOT-LAS POSITAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER