Adjunct Faculty - Political Science
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Teach a 3-credit course in Political Science.
- Develop a course syllabus and lectures, in alignment with college standards.
- Regularly check AIC email for timely correspondence with Dean, Department/Division Chair, students and other members of the AIC community.
- Be available to meet with students, as needed, before or after class time or at other scheduled times throughout the week.
- Required Degree(s): Master's degree in a related field
- Required Field of Expertise: Political Science or a related field
- Strong commitment to high-quality instruction in a diverse, student-centered environment and the ability to work with students with various learning styles and backgrounds
- Interest in active and collaborative learning and enthusiasm for working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Blackboard, and the instructional use of technology to teach traditional, hybrid or on-line courses, as needed
- Ability to foster a collaborative atmosphere among students and faculty
- Expertise that complements and expands that of the department
This is a part-time adjunct, non-benefited position.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.