Admission Officer 2
Admission Officer 2
Job Number: 79210
Admissions Officer 2, 100% FTE, Exempt Mechanical Engineering Department Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems. Mechanical Engineering is one of the largest departments in the School of Engineering at Stanford, with over 40 faculty and roughly 800 undergraduate, masters, and doctoral students. The department is consistently ranked in the top group of all mechanical engineering departments in the nation. The Department of Mechanical Engineering in the School of Engineering seeks a Graduate Admissions and Events Officer to manage the department's graduate admissions process. Reporting to the Student Services Manager, the Graduate Admissions and Events Officer is the primary contact for the department regarding admissions policy and compliance and is a key member of the 5-person Student Services team. Your responsibilities include:
- A bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills to interface with faculty, staff and students within the department and university.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Demonstrated ability to independently diagnose and solve problems.
- Demonstrated aptitude to manage a large volume of work and to handle multiple tasks in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Proficiency with PeopleSoft, OBIEE Reporting, Excel and Word highly desirable.
- Must be available to work through the month of December.
- Ability to work independently under minimal direction and be able to handle multiple assignments with fluctuating priorities.
- Ability to set own priorities based on the needs of the program and function professionally in a team-work environment
- Ability to take initiative and exhibit good judgment in all areas of responsibility.
- Ability to function effectively under the pressure of deadlines and frequent interruptions in a busy environment while maintaining a pleasant demeanor.
- A comfort with presenting information in front of a large group.
- Must demonstrate both verbal and written communication skills to ensure she/he is able to communicate complex ideas to all levels of individuals internal and external to the University.
- Ability to form collegial working relationships with all levels of employees internal and external to the department.
- Freedom to grow. As one of the greatest intellectual hubs in the world, take advantage of development programs, tuition reimbursement plus $800 you receive annually towards skill-building classes, or audit a Stanford course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums. Create an avatar and participate in virtual reality adventures or join one with fellow staff on Stanford vacations!
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computing, cell phones, outdoor recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
Location: School of Engineering, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.