User Service Consultant II (SPS)
San Marcos, TX
Texas State University
User Service Consultant II (SPS)
Job Number: 2018401
Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
- Strict attention to detail;
- Experience with light weight markup languages (Markup);
- Strong written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload and identify resources;
- Experience writing and running scripts;
- Experience with structured data formatting (JSON).
- Experience working with policies and procedures in a higher education setting;
- Familiarity with course, section, and faculty structure within a higher education setting;
- Ability to interpret complex documents.
The Accreditation and Institutional Compliance Specialist is responsible for creating and maintaining applications and associated workflows to support institution-wide accreditation and compliance initiatives. This position must interface with offices and administrators across campus and provide support to those groups for the applications they maintain.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for policy conversion and website revision workflows;
- Collect, convert, and compare submitted policies from Word to MarkDown;
- Run automated script to track differences between submitted and posted policy, make edits as necessary and verify work by repeating script;
- Audit and correct URL links between referenced policies; report changes to University Planning and Assessment;
- Investigate inconsistencies with faculty course syllabi;
- Report erroneous data to lead developer for database modification;
- Communicate investigation findings and resolution strategy with the office of Institutional Effectiveness;
- Construct and manage information architecture and SACSCOC website organization;
- Create and maintain user documentation to aid in reviewer navigation and information digestion;
- Construct and update Reference Resources section of SACSCOC website;
- Collect, organize, and update components of the Roster of Instructional Faculty section of SACSCOC website;
- Audit course catalog and update JSON files aligned to the Faculty Rosters and Credentials section of SACSCOC website;
- Assist with the creation and QA testing of the final SACSCOC report.
Additional Information to Applicants
The position (SPS) is a non-permanent, benefits eligible position for one year and is subject to renewal.
Job Open Date06/06/2018
Job Close Date
Job Close Date (Posting closes at midnight)
Open Until FilledYes
Normal Work DaysMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start8:00AM
Normal Work Hours End5:00PM
Posting NoticesYOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A LIST OF REFERENCES., YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION.
Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans' status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
Texas State University is an emerging research institution located in the burgeoning Austin-San Antonio corridor and in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. It is the largest of seven institutions in the Texas State University System and one of the 30 largest public universities in the country, with over 38,000 students and approximately 4,000 faculty and staff.
By joining the Texas State Bobcat community, you'll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
For full application instructions and position description, please visit the Texas State Job Board