Student Employee- Multicultural Student Achievement Program
The Multicultural Student Achievement Program (MSAP) is uniquely designed to enrich the experience of students looking to connect with the WCTC diverse community. The program is designed to assist multicultural students through the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) diversity initiative. The diversity services focus on addressing the specific needs of students that identify as members of historically under-represented and/or under-served populations as defined by federal, state, and local law to adjust academically and socially to the Waukesha County Technical College environment. The program assists new, transfer, and current students in their transition to WCTC, while building a multicultural campus community that is essential to student success. Furthermore, the program provides financial support for the academic year.Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
As a participant in this program, students will build strong relationships with their faculty/staff advisors and peer leaders, develop a strong cultural and academic identity, and become familiar with WCTC resources that will assist in their transition to WCTC. The programing, mentoring and support that is provided by the program, will assist students in building a foundation that will result in continued success beyond the first year and ultimately lead to graduation.
Mission: To transform students into exceptional leaders empowered to create solutions for a positive community. The Multicultural Student Achievement Program (MSAP) is a student program, which provides leadership activities, training, and one-on-one support to students and is dedicated to create an environment for growth and development of the whole College.
Vision: Empowering students to be successful leaders in their communities.
Selected Program Participants will be required to:
• Attend the MSAP Orientation: Friday, August 17, 2018 (8:00 am – 4:00 pm).
• Submit academic progress reports (fall/spring)
• Apply for WCTC foundation scholarships
• Submit SGA punch card
• Actively participate in social and cultural activities.
• Meet weekly with a designated peer leader throughout each term
• Maintain a minimum of a 2.5 GPA
• Meet on a regular basis with designated staff advisor
• Participate and attend monthly workshops
• Create professional resume
• Volunteer opportunities
• Admitted to Waukesha County Technical College or currently in the process of admission.
• Must be at least a part-time student with a minimum of 6 credit hours each term.
• Must be in good academic standing with the College.
Start Date: Immediately
Working hours: 1 hours/week
Salary Information: $400.00 per semester for Mentor and up to $200.00 for Mentee, if all program requirements are met.
Contact Rolando DeLeon at [email protected] or 262-691-5175, if you have any questions regarding this position.
Student employees are not benefit eligible.
Please click on the following link to be connected with TechConnect. https://www.wisconsintechconnect.com/JobSeekers/ViewJobs/Index/852701