Adjunct Faculty – Electrical Engineering Technology
Engages students in the teaching/learning process; works assigned schedule.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirement of the job change.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:- Plan and teach courses that fulfill the current curriculum goals and objectives.
- Remain current with subject matter and instructional methodology.
- Employ appropriate assessment techniques to measure student performance in achieving course goals and objectives.
- Communicate progress in the course to students in a timely manner.
- Determine and submit students' grades in accordance with established college policies and procedures.
- May Assist with student advising.
- May develop Syllabi.
- Support the mission of the program, division, and college.
PROGRAM AREA RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for curriculum delivery in Power & Controls and Electrical Engineering Technology Transfer Programs
Other Skills and Abilities:- Ability to effectively communicate one-on-one, in small groups, and in classroom situations.
- Proficient in word-processing and presentation software, internet, and e-mail.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of students.
- Capability to teach in more than one discipline.
- Effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to work a combination of days/evening/weekend schedules.
Required Education and/or Work Experience:- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field required.
- Minimum of two years teaching experience required, preferably at the college level