Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering
SUMMARY OF POSITION ROLE/RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Electrical Engineering Program at Florida Polytechnic University invites applications for faculty position at the Assistant Professor level beginning August 2018. Applicants with specialization in smart-grids and security, power system, power transmission, power distribution, renewable energy generation, and power electronics are encouraged to apply.
Successful candidate will teach and develop undergraduate and graduate courses, develop strong research programs, conduct interdisciplinary research activities, mentor undergraduate and graduate students, and provide service to the university and the profession. Faculty at Florida Polytechnic University are encouraged to build strong industry relations to further high impact business and industry research. The successful candidate will contribute to the College’s goals and the University’s mission.
· Ph.D. with emphasis in the specializations listed above or related field / areas.
· Demonstrated ability to develop and teach undergraduate / graduate courses.
· Teaching and industry experience preferred.
DESIRED / PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
· Ability to conduct independent and interdisciplinary funded applied research.
· Experience in curriculum development and students’ academic advising.
· Experience in program assessment and execution of a continuous improvement plan.
· Experience in serving on various department, college or university committees.
· Active participation in professional activities and organizations.
· Prior professional US experience with progressive responsibility.
· Ability to build strong industry relations to further high impact business and industry research.
· Ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse campus community.
ABOUT FLORIDA POLY:
Florida Polytechnic University is a new state University that opened for classes in 2014-15, and strives to have a major higher education presence within Florida and beyond. The University was created by the Florida Legislature as a STEM-focused four-year public university, with a range of innovative undergraduate and graduate programs. Dedicated to preparing students for the competitive high-tech workforce, Florida Polytechnic University takes a hands-on, problem-solving approach to academics and partners with industry leaders to provide relevant learning opportunities. With an innovative approach to higher education, the University emphasizes core subjects in small class sizes, while giving students opportunities for hands-on education through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations.
Lakeland, home to Florida Polytechnic University’s ultra-modern campus, is located along the I-4 High Tech Corridor halfway between Tampa and Orlando. Our central Florida community combines small town comfort with big-city culture. Florida’s High Tech Corridor is home to 11,000 high-tech businesses, and Polk County alone has more than 600,000 residents, four universities and one state college. Lakeland is just a 45-minute drive from Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, professional sports teams, and thriving performing art centers. With no income tax in Florida, and home values increasing 14.3% on average over the past year, Lakeland and central Florida continue to rise among the best places to live and work.
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE:
• Positions are open until filled (or recruitment cancelled). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
• Employment is contingent upon proof of the legal right to work in the United States. This proof must be provided prior to employment at the University. An appointment is not final until proof is provided.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format:
• Letter of Application
• Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
• Statement of Research Interests
• Statement of Teaching Philosophy
• List of at least 3 professional references (names and contact information)
• Unofficial copy of the Ph.D./M.Sc. transcript