Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor of Computer Engineering
The Computer Engineering Program at Florida Polytechnic University invites applications for faculty positions at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor level beginning August 2018. Applicants with research specialization in any field of Computer Engineering are encouraged to apply. Applicants with research specialization in Computing Hardware Security, Reconfigurable Computing, Networking, and Machine Learning are preferred.
Successful candidates will teach and develop undergraduate and graduate courses, develop strong research programs, conduct interdisciplinary research activities, mentor undergraduate and graduate students, and provide service to the university and the profession. Faculty at Florida Polytechnic University are encouraged to build strong industry relations to further high impact business and industry research. The successful candidate will contribute to the College’s goals and the University’s mission.
The Computer Engineering Program offers a B.Sc. degree in Computer Engineering with approximately 230 students and three concentrations (Machine Intelligence, Embedded Systems Design, and Digital Logic Design). The College of Engineering offers an M.Sc. degree in Engineering. More information about the Computer Engineering Program at Florida Polytechnic University can be found here:
- Ph.D. in Computer Engineering or a closely related field from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization (earned by August 2018).
- Demonstrated record of excellence in research.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching.
- Experience in obtaining external funding, grant preparation, and a record of scholarship are desirable.
- Industrial Experience.
ABOUT FLORIDA POLY:
Florida Polytechnic University is a new state University that opened for classes in 2014-15, and strives to have a major higher education presence within Florida and beyond. The University was created by the Florida Legislature as a STEM-focused four-year public university, with a range of innovative undergraduate and graduate programs. Dedicated to preparing students for the competitive high-tech workforce, Florida Polytechnic University takes a hands-on, problem-solving approach to academics and partners with industry leaders to provide relevant learning opportunities. With an innovative approach to higher education, the University emphasizes core subjects in small class sizes, while giving students opportunities for hands-on education through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations.
Lakeland, home to Florida Polytechnic University’s ultra-modern campus, is located along the I-4 High Tech Corridor halfway between Tampa and Orlando. Our central Florida community combines small town comfort with big-city culture. Florida’s High Tech Corridor is home to 11,000 high-tech businesses, and Polk County alone has more than 600,000 residents, four universities and one state college. Lakeland is just a 45-minute drive from Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, professional sports teams, and thriving performing art centers. With no income tax in Florida, and home values increasing 14.3% on average over the past year, Lakeland and central Florida continue to rise among the best places to live and work.
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE:
- Positions are open until filled (or recruitment cancelled). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
- Employment is contingent upon proof of the legal right to work in the United States. This proof must be provided prior to employment at the University. An appointment is not final until proof is provided.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format:
- Letter of Application
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- List of at least 3 professional references (names and contact information)
- Unofficial copy of the Ph.D./M.Sc. transcript