Asst Dean of Admission/Sr Asst Dean of Admission (International Admission)
William & Mary seeks a dynamic, creative, experienced staff member at the Assistant Dean or Sr. Assistant Dean level, to join the Office of Undergraduate Admission. Candidates should have a strong interest in contributing to office-wide efforts to recruit the most academically and personally distinguished students who will contribute to the diversity of the university’s undergraduate population. Candidates should have a dedicated interest in equity and access in education, particularly in highly selective environments.
The successful incumbent will participate in all aspects of the college admission cycle. Additionally, this individual serves as the staff lead for the international student application-review process and as the primary contact for international applicants.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Liaison with Reves Center for International Studies.
• Develop email communications for international students.
• Monitor and update international admission webpage.
• Oversee InitialView and internal Skype interview processes for international students, and supervise international student admission volunteers.
• Conduct information sessions and represent the office through high school visitations and participation at college day and evening programs.
• Read and evaluate applications for admission including primary responsibility for international applications.
• May include supervising student volunteers.
• Participation in the office’s multicultural recruitment efforts.
• Participation on the office’s marketing and communications team.
• Coordinate and/or support on-campus recruitment programs
• Participation in other admission and recruitment endeavors.
Additional Responsibilities (Senior Assistant Dean):
• Admission and recruitment of students to the Joint Degree Programme with the University of St Andrews in Scotland.
• May include supervising student employees and part-time staff, as well as student volunteers.