Min Salary Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
Working Title Registrar
Campus Location Greeley
Position Type Executive Administrator
Posting Number 201500491P
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, serving over 8000 learners annually, Aims Community College prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. Our wonderful staff, faculty, and administration work as a team to ensure excellent service. This commitment was recognized by The Denver Post and Monster Jobs as the “Best Place to Work” in 2018!
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice – The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
Reporting to the Vice President for Student Engagement, Inclusion, and Success, the Registrar is responsible for planning, directing and administering the operations of a college Admissions, Registrar, and Testing Offices. This position will develop and implement goals, objectives and strategies, policies, rules and operational procedures related to admissions, student academic preparedness and evaluation, registration, permanent record maintenance, enrollment, transfers, grading, academic testing graduation certification and other related functions. This position will lead a team in a fast-paced environment ensuring compliance with regulations of the College, applicable state and federal laws, Board policies, and administrative procedures. He/she will oversee and administer systems to support the departments that are efficient, effective, and meet the needs of a diverse student population.
The Registrar is responsible for recommending and implementing appropriate management policies and decisions in the delivery of client services that exemplify best practices and continuous improvement. The Registrar will maintain up-to-date and accurate course schedules; oversee the review and publication of the college catalog; supervise and maintain the student module of the Ellucian Banner student information system as well as other technical systems related to the work unit; maintain currency on rules and regulations for all tests offered through testing center, ensure ADA compliance in providing testing accommodations, ensure security of testing facility, maintain services for administering and proctoring exams, and work collaboratively and partner with a wide range of schools, faculty, staff, and administrators to enhance access and support students in the achievement of their educational goals.
The Registrar is the official Student Data Custodian and is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all student academic records in compliance with all state and federal reporting and records maintenance guidelines. The Registrar provides systems support and expertise for the Student Module of the Banner Student Information System, and regulatory interpretation and compliance support for operational activities associated with the admissions and registration processes.
Duties, Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Plan, organize, administer and direct the operations of the Admissions, Registration, and Records Department including application processing, registration, student record maintenance, enrollment, grade processing, petitions, transfers, residency decisions, graduation, and other related matters. Provide leadership in developing, administering, implementing, and evaluating programs, plans, processes, and systems to achieve department and College goals. Provide interpretation and oversight of federal, state, and internal regulations and reporting to ensure compliance, and resolve complex and difficult issues related to admission, registration and records services. Compile, analyze, and evaluate various informational reports related to department operations and student outcomes, and use data to inform decisions for continuous improvement.
2.Provide direction to ensure a high performing and customer-service oriented work environment. Work effectively with a diverse array of internal and external constituent groups including students, staff, faculty, administrators, area high schools, colleges, universities, and appropriate community-based organizations and agencies to establish productive services and partnerships. Represent the institution as the subject matter expert on admissions and academic record keeping for state, regional and local agencies. Serve as resource for district guidance on entry and enrollment for all students.
3. Provide leadership for all aspects of personnel management. Ensure the effective on-boarding of employees including hiring, orientation, training, mentoring, supervision, evaluation, and supporting ongoing professional development to promote well-informed and motivated staff, and excellent customer service at all levels.
4. Maintain currency on best practices for all areas of responsibility by participating in appropriate professional activities, accessing research-based literature, and staying active in discipline-specific organizations. Analyze the effectiveness and success of department policies, programs and outcomes, and develop strategies to support the College mission and goals. Adapt services to changing conditions and student needs.
5. Maintain effective facilities, equipment, materials and technology to support existing and emerging programs in all areas of oversight. Consult and coordinate with the IT department to define system requirements and needs and to ensure appropriate upgrades and development of technology to support department functions. Direct the implementation of new and revised information systems as required.
6. Develop and administer departmental operating budgets. Review financial reports and make recommendations concerning future budget needs .Lead and serve on various college-wide committees, direct, monitor and maintain policies and procedures to ensure the retention, destruction, and confidentiality of student records, perform other duties as assigned. Other duties as assigned.
Functional Attributes of Job Duty Minimum Qualifications
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis and hold a valid driver’s license.
-Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in Student Personnel Services, Psychology or Counseling, Higher Education, Business or Public Administration, Human or Social Services, or a related discipline.
-Plus five (5) years of experience in a Registrar’s office with three (3) of those years in supervisory in the area of student records,
-Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in Student Personnel Services, Psychology or Counseling, Higher Education, Business or Public Administration, Human or Social Services, or a related discipline.
-Plus three (3) years of experience in a supervisory role within a Registrar’s office
-Personal computing skills in MS Office products and experience with an automated student information system (SIS).
-Demonstration of effective written, oral, listening, and customer service skills.
-Demonstration of attention to detail.
-A proven ability to lead the development of policies, procedures and processes in addition to facilitating successful integration/implementation and participating in enrollment planning/change management strategies.
-Excellent leadership, managerial, strategic planning, decision making, presentation and organization skills.
—Bilingual in Spanish and English
-Proven ability to act decisively and exercise initiative and judgement on a wide range of issues is required along with strong creative problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
-Master’s degree in Student Personnel Services, Psychology or Counseling, Higher Education, Business or Public Administration, Human or Social Services, or a related discipline.
-Five years progressively-responsible supervisory experience in the areas of student registration and records.
-Extensive, direct, hands-on experience with Banner SIS software modules.
Work Hours 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday-Friday, with some weekends and evenings as required Posting Date 06/06/2018 Closing Date Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
First Review of Application: June 25, 2018
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
• The Application is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
• Clearly document job duties performed that relate to responsibilities, qualifications, and essential job duties in the “Work Experience” section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
• Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week or credit hours worked per term for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
• If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
• An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the “Required Documents” section of the posting.
• Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
Employment Specifications Valid Driver's License Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/3044