Faculty, Business Studies
This full-time, tenure track faculty member will be primarily responsible for teaching courses within the Division of Business Studies. In addition to teaching, the faculty member will be responsible for the ongoing processes of curriculum development and assessment.
Examples of Duties:
- Provides college level instruction in Computer Information Systems and other Business courses as needed.
- Supports students' progress by providing feedback, facilitating timely communication, and maintaining availability to meet students' needs.
- Develops and updates course syllabi, course content, and instructional materials to reflect relevancy and connection to current business theories and practices.
- Collaborates with other faculty members in the development of effective teaching, learning, and retention strategies for students.
- Implements the philosophy, mission, learning outcomes and objectives, curriculum, and policies of the College and of the Division of Business Studies.
- Maintains and submits the necessary academic records according to published deadlines.
- Demonstrates fairness and flexibility in interactions with a diverse range of students.
- Assists in the recommendation and acquisition of related instructional materials and supplies.
- Engages in the College Community through active participation in College governance, strategic planning, and the improvement and evaluation of the Division's operations.
- Maintain professional competence through participation in professional development activities and local/regional business networking groups.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Division Dean.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or related field from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated successful completion of a minimum of 18 graduate semester credits in business courses, including courses in Computer Information Systems/Computer Science.
- Proven ability to teach classes in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science to first and second year college students.
- Prior experience in program and course assessment and involvement in the accreditation process.
- Prior experience utilizing innovative teaching methods, incorporating the use of technology and online resource strategies.
- Prior experience in an executive or managerial position in the private sector with experience in information systems or finance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.