Senior Civil Engineer, UCLA Capital Programs
Senior Civil Engineer (Req. 28073)
The Sr. Civil Engineer will assist the Director of Engineering in planning, organizing, supervising, and performing professional civil and plumbing engineering work for the campus physical plant planning and construction; Represent the Director in his absence; Carry major responsibility for engineering aspects of University construction programs; Provide specific technical knowledge in planning, design, review and construction of highly specialized and complex engineering for building and site-work of the University construction programs.
The UCLA Capital Programs organization is responsible for the planning, design and construction of major capital improvement projects in support of UCLA academic and administrative clients. The Design and Construction unit of Capital Programs is responsible for maintenance of campus design standards, design professional selection and supervision, project design, programming, architectural, engineering, project management, construction management and inspection services, project budget and schedule integrity and regulatory compliance for on and off campus construction and alteration projects.
The Director of Engineering (Director) also serves as the Campus Building Official and is the authority having jurisdiction for building code enforcement.
Applicants must submit their qualifications via UCLA's Career Opportunities website at https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu Reference position # 28073 AA/EEO
The complete listing of qualifications is available on UCLA's official job posting.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and current California license as a registered Civil engineer or structural engineer.
- LEED A.P. preferred.
- Working knowledge of and the ability to produce designs for engineering systems as applied to educational, medical, institutional buildings and multifamily dwellings.
- Skill in supervising, directing, reviewing and evaluating the work of engineers and consultants in the performance of engineering work.
- Skill in thoroughly, accurately and efficiently evaluating existing systems and plans.
- Skill in preparation of written cost estimates for plumbing and civil systems. Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, fire protection systems and how the civil and plumbing scope will affect other disciplines.
- Skill in operations of general office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.. This includes Bluebeam, AutoCad 2D, Autodesk MEP 3D and Revit.
- Skill in the use of computer software for civil and plumbing calculations, including energy compliance and equipment sizing.
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks' vacation per year; an average of 12 days per year sick leave; 12 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan with 5 year vesting and various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, and the University Credit Union.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy - http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct