Executive Director of Entrepreneurship
Executive Director of Entrepreneurship
Are you passionate about entrepreneurship and building innovative ecosystems? Towson University, the largest and fastest growing university in Greater Baltimore, is seeking a dynamic and visionary leader to guide campus-wide programs and inspire the entrepreneurs of tomorrow. The Executive Director of Entrepreneurship will elevate and promote a key priority of President Schatzel, Entrepreneurship @ TU. The Executive Director will work with internal teams, including academic and administrative leaders, as well as external constituents to integrate, develop, and promote Entrepreneurship @TU. The Executive Director for Entrepreneurship is a catalyst in strategically aligning entrepreneurial activities across TU's campus, ensuring opportunities for the growth, and increasing innovative business concepts among the student body.
Support inclusive annual and three year strategic planning processes and ensure implementation of planning decisions in setting annual program/project goals. Establish and maintain a Board of Advisors and foster their engagement in, critical thinking, strategic planning, resource/financial development, membership consultation, and program development. Work with university and division marketing to implement creative strategies to increase internal and external awareness of Entrepreneurship@TU work and program value that attracts quality members and heightens the brand of Towson University in Baltimore, the region, and beyond. Establish and maintain dialogue and shared learning between Entrepreneurship@TU and national and regional bodies. Develop strategies in conjunction with TU Advancement to support and secure requisite financial resources.
Lead discussions across TU with internal and external stakeholders such as students, university administrators, faculty, alumni, staff, and community leaders. Work with and support broader initiatives to foster Entrepreneurship @TU and in the greater Baltimore community. Advocate for the development of new resources and programs on the state and regional levels to support TU student and professional entrepreneurs. Develop enduring and creative partnerships with entities throughout greater Baltimore to further the efforts of Entrepreneurship@TU. Create a culture of collaboration among the various university departments, academic colleges, administrative units and entrepreneurship-focused programs/entities within the university.
Budget and Administration Management
Establish and maintain operational plans including policies, procedures, and processes. Build and monitor budget, human resources, and risk management plans. Direct and guide entrepreneur team of center directors.
- Five or more years of experience with evidence of a leadership role in a business or organization.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated understanding of, startup ecosystems, and entrepreneurship.
- Evidence of project execution skills, including managing deadlines and project financial statements.
- Demonstrated leadership for growing team and volunteers.
- Knowledgeable in non-profit and for-profit business perspectives.
- Demonstrated experience and success in fundraising.
- A high degree of enthusiasm, energy, and creativity.
- Evidence of collaborative management approach.
- Evidence of leadership skills and the drive to improve and build skills.
- Experience in strategic thinking; ability to align tactical work efforts with strategic vision.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets.
- Evidence of excellent oral and written communication and public speaking skills.
- Evidence of understanding how to support student and faculty entrepreneurs.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing strategic relationships to strengthen program and service delivery.
- Evidence of diplomatic and tactful communication skills to support building relationships across diverse cultures and backgrounds, within the University and greater Baltimore and its constituents.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders from various backgrounds including government and academic institutions.
Graduate degree in relevant field.
A Criminal Background Investigation is required for the hired candidate and the results may impact employment.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary and full University benefits that include 22 days of annual leave, up to 14 holidays, personal and sick days; excellent health, life, and retirement plans; and tuition remission. To learn more about our benefits, click here.
This position will be open for a minimum of 14 days. Cover letter and resume are requested, but not required.
To view and apply to current job openings please visit www.towson.edu/jobs.
Office of Human Resources
8000 York Road
Towson University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Towson University is a smoke-free campus.