Administrative Assistant, Campus Life
Under the direction of the Director of Student Activities & Student Center, the Administrative Assistant (AA) will provide operational administration and clerical support to ensure the efficacy for the Departments of Student Activities & the Student Center, Fitness & Recreation, Residence Life and Housing, and Diversity & Inclusion and assumes primary responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of routine and non-routine projects and assignments.
- Serve as the central contact person and information provider for the Student Activities & Student Center, Fitness & Recreation and Diversity & Inclusion offices; answer questions related to routine policies and procedures relating to co-curricular education, leadership development and the Student Center by phone and in-person; provides directions and campus information for administration, staff, visitors, etc. as they relate to these offices.
- Responsible for the coordination of overall office support functions for above mentioned departments. This includes but is not limited to; maintaining office files, copier machine, printers and other office equipment. Ordering and maintaining inventory of office and event supplies.
- Schedule appointments and meetings for the departments;
- Receive and process incoming mail;
- Creates and maintains office procedure documentation;
- Ensures confidentiality and resolution of all student/parent issues.
Budget Functions Support:
- Support the operation budget management for the Student Activities & the Student Center, Fitness & Recreation, and Diversity & Inclusion departments by monitoring, submitting, recording, and tracking expenditures including but not limited to check requests, purchase orders, etc.
- Distribute departmental communications to faculty, staff and students on behalf of the departments.
ONE Card Management:
- Manages all cash and check deposits for Colonel Cash; troubleshoots user issues with Tech Support and vendor; updates all associated marketing materials related to the usage of the system; and provides training support to staff on use of POS systems.
Database & Web Portal Management:
- Maintains email accounts which includes but not limited to; email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, forwards necessary information and responds to inquiries as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the Technical Support Specialist and members of the department to identify ways to best use Banner and CWIS;
- Assist in coding student involvement in Banner;
- Provide basic level training for members of the department on Banner;
- Assist with management of social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and assist in the weekly Constant Contact emails that go out to students from all departments in Campus life.
- Serve as departmental Content Manager for the MyCurry Web Portal including but not limited to coordinating with department heads ways to best utilize the web portal, conducting monthly audits of portal pages and identify areas for improvement or updates, and provide training and support to staff in the department on content management.
- Serve as the main point of contact for flyers and/or postings on campus and serve as a resource for faculty, staff, and students in regards to the applicable policy;
- Manages distribution and collection of applications for student employees and various other student leadership opportunities;
- Manage office contact with outside vendors and agents, both those who come on campus and those we interact with for other needs;
- Serve as one of the resources for student clubs and organizations, especially focused on administrative tasks.
Student Workers Oversight Responsibilities:
- Assist in the hiring, training and oversight of student employees in the office which may include 5 to 10 students; assists with the administrative functions for the student employees’ payroll.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- An Associate’s Degree is required.
- A minimum of two to five years of office experience working in a higher education environment with a student population or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a variety of individuals.
- Proficiency (intermediate level) with Microsoft Office Suite and data systems such as Ellucian Banner.
- Ability to operate on the Internet including use of search engines and social media.
- Ability to work on some non-traditional night and weekend hours.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.