Applications and Infrastructure - SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Vacancy ID S2209 Job Title SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR Department Applications and Infrastructure School/Parent Organization Information Technology Parent Org Division Finance and Administration Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 01/08/2018 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.2 Normal Start Time 8:30 AM Normal End Time 5:00 PM Position/Job Summary
Ithaca College's department of Information Technology is seeking applications for the position of systems administrator to specify, install, configure, and maintain computer systems hardware, software, and cloud services to support the administrative, instructional, and research functions of the College; communicate with stakeholders in other IT streams to ensure coordinated and effective implementation of services; and employ system administration tools and techniques such as scripting and automation tools.
1. Research, specify, install, configure, and maintain computer systems, including system hardware, operating system, file systems, system administration utilities, networking, backup and restore, system security, and public and private cloud systems and providers.
2. Monitor computer systems' performance, and undertake measures to improve performance where warranted.
3. Assist with Disaster Recovery planning, including the development of detailed plans and documentation for the recovery of systems and data. Participate in exercises to test recovery plans and procedures.
4. Provide technical support services to assist users, programmer analysts, other system administrators, and technical support staff regarding systems usage, problem resolution, and publication of technical documentation.
5. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
Bachelor's degree in a technical or computer related field and a minimum of 3 years experience in computer hardware and operating systems support or the equivalent technical credentials and experience.
Strong organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrated solid knowledge of one or more operating systems.
Ability to learn and employ system administration tools and techniques.
Demonstrated success troubleshooting and diagnosing malfunctions and implementing resolutions.
Ability to establish and meet deadlines in a service oriented environment are required.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment.
Preferred skills include private and public cloud work in hyper v, vmware, azure, aws, google or a competitor. Experience using automation tools for system generation and configuration. Experience with sccm or similar windows configuration manager.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume, cover letter, and a list of references. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $65,000 - $70,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).