Flight Operations Coordinator
The salary minimum for this position is $49,281.00 annually. Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
Flight Operations Coordinator
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, serving over 8000 learners annually, Aims Community College prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. Our wonderful staff, faculty, and administration work as a team to ensure excellent service. This commitment was recognized by The Denver Post and Monster Jobs as the “Best Place to Work” in 2018!
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice - The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
The Flight Operations Coordinator manages the aircraft dispatchers and operational efficiency of the flight operations for the Aims Aviation Department. This position is accountable for coordinating the daily operations of the Aims Flight Training Center which include the following: staff scheduling, aircraft fleet maintenance administration, safety program administration, adherence to all maintenance and airworthiness regulations required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for the Aims 14 CFR Part 141 certificate, student and staff record keeping in accordance with applicable federal guidelines, and data entry, upkeep, and administration of the flight management software.
Duties, Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Maintenance contractor relationship management and logistics coordination.
This position will maintain the relationship with the contracted or in house maintenance provider(s), to ensure proper timing, and completion of scheduled and unexpected maintenance on the aircraft fleet.
Ensuring adherence to all required maintenance intervals by the Federal Aviation Administration will include:
• Scheduling of required maintenance on all aircraft with the maintenance provider.
• Organization of ferry to transport the aircraft to the maintenance provider's facility.
• Coordination with the maintenance provider to ensure compliance with all airworthiness directives from the Federal Aviation Administration, Instructions for continued airworthiness, and all service bulletins for all aircraft in the Aim's aircraft fleet.
2. Aircraft maintenance log management and return to service processing.
This position will be responsible for ensuring the proper implementation of the Aim's return to service process after maintenance completion to ensure adherence to all guidelines put forth by the Federal Aviation Administration for the continued legal operation of the aircraft fleet.
This duty will include but is not limited to:
• Verifying all maintenance log entries satisfy all requirements by the Federal Aviation Administration for proper recording of maintenance performed.
• Ensuring proper execution of the Aim's return to service process to create an internal log for entry into MyFBO (the flight center's electronic operational system).
3. Management and administration of: Aims Flight Training Center operations, MyFBO/Flight System software and flight center form/document library management, dispatcher work schedule, safety program, student and staff records, and flight subscriptions.
This position will be responsible for:
• Processing all incoming student payments into prepay accounts in MyFBO
• Create and provide oversight to the daily flight schedule (both on the day to day as well as creating all standing student flight schedules for each semester)
• Reporting all absences and certain flight cancellations to the Aviation department for tracking of student attendance
• Accountable for the execution of the weekly call list for flight blocks offered to students for subsequent weeks
• Performance plans
• Navigation logs
• Cross country checklists
• Flight center employee documents
• Instructor/student briefing documents
• Creating and maintain the dispatcher work schedule to ensure proper staffing and approval of time off requests along with any other duties associated with the proper scheduling of the dispatcher staff.
• Coordinate with the Assistant Chief Flight Instructor to promote Aims Aviation safety. This duty will include regular updates to student facing materials (e.g. safety board at the flight center) under the guidance of the Assistant Chief Flight Instructor.
• Ensuring proper student and staff record keeping complying with all record requirements from: the Federal Aviation Administration, Transportation Security Administration, Veterans Affairs, Aims, and Higher Learning Commission requirements. This responsibility includes both written and electronic record keeping.
• Maintaining the flight center's current subscriptions to include Jeppesen charts and GPS subscriptions vital to flight.
• Manage travel requests for flight center employees.
• Flight Instruction as needed/as assigned.
• Other office duties as assigned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
Associates Degree in Aviation field, and/or Private Pilot Certificate or Air frame and Power plant License
1 year logistics and operations experience
High-level organizational skills
Commercial Pilot Certificate
3 years logistics and operations experience
Full-time 40 hours per week.
Open Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/3161
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * The application instructions and information section on the application states that you must clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, etc. in the "Work Experience" section on the application. Please acknowledge that you have read and understand what is expected and that the initial review of applications will focus only on what is listed in the Work Experience section and not other required documents such as your resume.
- Yes, I meet the minimum qualifications and have documented this in the Work Experience section.
- No, I do not meet all of the minimum qualifications however I have documented my experience in the Work Experience section.
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement
- Copy of Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document