Paper & Packaging Testing Procedures Lab Science Instructor - Continuous Sourcing
Basic Functions & Responsibilities
Fox Valley Technical College is establishing a pool of qualified candidates to teach courses in the Laboratory Science Technician Program. Courses include Paper & Packaging Testing Procedures.
Essential Job Functions/Secondary Job Functions
- Facilitation of Learning. Plan, prepare and deliver instruction and facilitate the learning of students in associate degree, technical diploma, basic education, continuing education, and/or business and industry training programs. Assess the learning outcomes of students at the unit, course, and program level.
- Classroom Management. Fulfill assigned schedule, maintain accurate student attendance and grade records, maintain instructional environment with emphasis on safety, housekeeping, and equipment security, and ensure opportunities for student/participant evaluation.
- Interpersonal/Team Skills. Participate in activities of the instructional team, including planning, development, scheduling, and budgeting as a cooperative and professional team player.
- Student Support and Guidance. Advise and support students as a mentor and role model in the achievement of their learning and career goals.
- (If applicable) Curriculum Development. Develop, revise, and continually update curriculum and instructional materials which are competency-based, current, consistent with employer expectations, and aligned with the college policy on level of required documentation.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with education or training preparing a person for the occupational area being taught.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Experience includes a minimum of two years industrial laboratory experience. (Paper & Packaging Testing Procedures)
- Upon hire, must maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements and licensure required by other agencies to maintain individual and program accreditation, if applicable.