Adjunct Faculty - Nursing Advanced Practice (ADJ32001)
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is pleasing to God and edifying to one another.
The School of Nursing invites applications for adjunct faculty to teach post-licensure clinical courses in the Master's of Science in Nursing and Doctorate of Nursing Practice programs. Positions are open at the Azusa, Inland Empire, and San Diego campuses. Candidates are needed in the nurse practitioner, clinical nurse specialist programs.
The primary responsibility of adjunct faculty is to deliver instruction in the manner determined by the department. In addition, faculty responsibilities may include:
- Provides and coordinates clinical teaching activities in the hospital/clinical setting to include student assignments, clinical supervision, and evaluation of students.
- Visits students at the clinical setting twice during the semester. Additionally, holds post-conference time with students and monitors students clinical hours in Medatrax.
- Preparation of syllabus and teaching of curriculum according to the goals and objectives of the department.
- Participates in skills lab demonstrations, practice, and testing of students.
- Coordinates student clinical experiences with facility's nursing staff.
- Provide regular, accurate, and timely feedback to students.
- Maintains communication with lead instructor.
- Participation in faculty meetings and departmental activities as identified by the department chair or program director, and assigned in the adjunct faculty contract.
- RN license in the state of California required.
- Minimum three to five years work experience is required.
- Master's of Science in Nursing, or equivalent, is required.
- National certification as an advanced practice nurse is preferred.
- Preferred experience includes teaching at the college or university level.
- The ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds.
- A demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Azusa Pacific University.
Assigned teaching duties will not exceed 9 units per semester; office hours and additional duties may be assigned. Total workload will not exceed 29 hours per week, nor 24 units per 12-month period.
* Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
* Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
* Self-starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.