Culinary, Bakery and Pastry Arts Adjunct faculty are expected to participate in a variety of school and faculty meetings, to assist when necessary with curriculum development and assessment, and for supporting students in every aspect of their learning which includes regular office hours, tutorial assistance, coaching and career and academic advice. Other responsibilities include:
• Teaching of courses as assigned principally in the areas of baking and pastry and culinary arts which includes:
o Food Order and Procurement
o Classroom Lecture
o Demonstration of B&P and other Culinary Techniques
o Observation and supervision of required cleanup
• Attendance at one-on-one meetings with the Program Director.
• Development of curriculum with the school faculty and Program Director and assessment of curriculum with the school faculty, Program Director, or other college administration.
• Development of coursework and updating course materials to keep courses at the leading edge of knowledge in the disciplines.
• Engaging in on-going personal professional and faculty development.
• Providing student support for every aspect of learning in the form of regular office hours, tutorial assistance, coaching and career and academic assistance and advice.
• Bachelor degree required. Associate degree with extensive tested experience considered
• Professional certifications a plus
• Classroom teaching experience preferred
• Significant industry experience required